ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expecting baby and ILR next year

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

psdesai
BANNED

Expecting baby and ILR next year

Post by psdesai » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:28 am

Hi,

We are expecting our 1st child early next year. Our ILR is due late next year.
I am currently on Tier 1 and my wife is on dependent visa & we are from India. I would appriciate if someone can help us for the following questions?

How long we have before we have to apply for baby's dependent visa? The question is becouse my ILR is due in Sept next year and baby is due in Feb.

What documents we need to apply for Indian passport ?

Do we need to show maintainance funds when applying for dependent visa? By the time we will be in UK for more then 2 years.

Any help is much appriciated.

Many Thanks,

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:43 am

1. If planning for the child to be born in the UK, see Tier 1 extension for child born in UK
2. Enquire with High Commission of India and post your queries regarding Indian passport in this forum.
3. Yes. See also Tier 1 (General) Dependent application queries

regards

psdesai
BANNED

Post by psdesai » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:55 am

Thanks for the reply.

"If the UK-born child doesn't need to travel outside UK until you receive settlement, then there is no need to apply for leave to remain for your child. Else, you may apply near to the time of travel. "

Suppose If I dont want to travel outside the UK in which case I dont need to apply for VISA and I prob. dont need to apply for the Indian passport.

So when I apply for my ILR (or PC). Do I need the passport for the Indian Passport for the child (to get VISA stampted on) or my baby will be eligible for the citizenship as soon as I get my ILR (or PC)?

Thanks,

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:50 am

I cannot comment on what the requirements will be under probationary citizenship as they are still unknown.

For requirements under current rules, please check MN1 form and guidance if there is a requirement to submit evidence of citizenship (passport) when the child is born in the UK and is registering for British citizenship under Section 1(3). AFAIK, there isn't any.

regards