ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

fiance to spouse visa - please help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

danizinha
Newly Registered

fiance to spouse visa - please help

Post by danizinha » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:15 pm

Hi everyone,

My boyfriend and I are due to get married in a few weeks. Can you please tell me how we then apply for the spouse visa or is it possible to just switch the visa?

Can anyone give me an estimate of time scales of getting a spouse visa approved and also whether its necessary for me get help from a lawyer or whether its quite easy if you have already applied for a fiance visa.

Your help would be really appreciated.

Thank you

Danizinha

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:22 pm

Where are you getting married?
What are the details of your current UK status?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: fiance to spouse visa - please help

Post by ElenaW » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:48 am

danizinha wrote:Hi everyone,

My boyfriend and I are due to get married in a few weeks. Can you please tell me how we then apply for the spouse visa or is it possible to just switch the visa?

Can anyone give me an estimate of time scales of getting a spouse visa approved and also whether its necessary for me get help from a lawyer or whether its quite easy if you have already applied for a fiance visa.

Your help would be really appreciated.

Thank you

Danizinha
Easy, no lawyer required if you have a straight forward case. Just apply for flr(m) and supply the documents that are on the guidance. You should do this in country.
I tell it like it is.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:24 am

Apply for FLR(M) visa as soon as possible after the wedding. Visa fees are due to increase in October.