ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Permit transfer under TUPE

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lbfrancois

Work Permit transfer under TUPE

Post by lbfrancois » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:40 am

Hi,

My employer advised me that my job is being TUPE'd in a few months. They also advised me that my work permit will expired when the job is transfered to the new employer.

My understanding about TUPE is that the new employer MUST take on my work permit, otherwise it could be categorized as unfair dismissal, am I correct to think that?

Also, does Home Office have a proccess for transferring Work Permits under TUPE arrangements? Or do I need to apply for a brand new work permit to be sponsored by the new company?

Thanks,
Luci.

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:39 pm

Any contract, term or condition should not change under TUPE. If new employer refuses, you can take him to court. Send an email to UK BA and ask what do you or your new employer has to do? This might be change of employer's name.

cindy74
Newly Registered

Post by cindy74 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:05 pm

Your work permit should transfer to the new company, I was TUPE transferred 3 years ago and what my old company did was inform UKBA who then transferred it to the new one and I got a letter to confirm my work permit arrangement continue under the new employer. Your old company couldn't possibly just leave you without, afterall TUPE is a transfer of undertakings and protection of employment!!

Mind you this was the case under the old system, but I should think the same should apply under the point based system. I think UKBA gives the new company a number of months to register etc etc... please check that out.