ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success 02 Sep 2010

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Chid
Newly Registered

ILR Success 02 Sep 2010

Post by Chid » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:02 pm

Hi Guys ,

This Forum is very helpful and informative and so I would like to give some thing back to it.

My application was Work permit Holder 5 years complete. Myself , wife and daughter (1 year old)
Croydon UKBA.

Appointment made online for 12.00 noon .(was on internet almost everyday checking before a month to get the appointment for exact date)

Reached UKBA at 11.15 am.
First Counter - A person will check your form and dates of absences from UK and issue a stamp on th eforum saying that it is VALID. He will issue a token number and will direct you towards the second counter where you have to make the payment.

Then wait for your token number to be called. (The counters for the actual interviews are like airport check in counters but with a glass inbetween you and the interviewer(case worker).

I submitted

My work permit (not mandatory)
2 P 60's( have asked for all 5 I said I just have 2)
7 payslips( 3 pay slips are mandatory)
6 months Bank statement(3 months mandatory)
My daughters birth certificate
Employers letter MANDATORY ( confirming the position, employment start date and saying I am in continuous employment with them for the past 5 years and they are looking to employ me for the foreseeable future.)
Both mine and my partners Life in the UK pass certificates.
2 Gas Bills( 1 recent is enough)
2 Electricity Bills( 1 recent is enough)
Tenancy Agreement and Finally but obvious
3 Passports.

The case worker was quiet helpful but they will not hurry and they will look into your paperwork carefully.

In our case the case worker asked us to come back after 2 hours as she is expecting some more information which she asked for from inside sources.

We went back after 2 hours and the case worker queried about my wife's pay coming into my bank statement. We gave a prrof of my wife's latest salary slip and offer letter and thats all. The case worker said your ILR has been granted and come after an hour to collect your passports.

Beware that the building closes at 4PM.

All the best guys.