ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Original Documents or Copies??

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vet

Original Documents or Copies??

Post by vet » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:02 pm

Hey All, I have a question on the documents I need to carry while coming to the UK for job search ( Tier1).

Do we need to carry all the original educational & professional documents ? is photo copy not enough? Do they employers in UK usually ask us to show originals?

If We have to carry Originals, Is the professional course certificate enough? Or do i Need to carry all other documents (including 10th, PUC etc)

Thanks

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:06 pm

Hi there,

Its best to carry your educational qualifications with you mainly 10th, 12th and higher degrees plus any professional qualifications. You dont need individual class/semester marks sheets - just the main degree with all necessary details of the said degree.
Many companies ask this as a standard requirement and many also ask you to get the originals on your first day of work so you must ensure you have them with you. It may be worth having an online scanned version of all this plus your passport handy as many companies prefer you sending scanned copies to help speed up their verification process. It will save you time and hassles of getting them photocopied and sending through Royal Mail and waiting few days.

Further, you never know where or when you may need your degrees for some application or the other during the course of your stay in the UK so best to be prepared and have everything at hand always

All the best
KP

vet

Post by vet » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:58 am

Thank you KP!