ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiancé Visa - Need help!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Eric Kenz
Newly Registered

Fiancé Visa - Need help!

Post by Eric Kenz » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:11 pm

Hello all,

My fiancee in China is applying for Fiance visa. Im British and my annual salary is £10,000 (after tax). The problem we have is that my last 6bank statements are overdrawn. I had bank loan since last year so Im worried that my debts will cause the problem for the application. However, my fiance has a £7000 saving which can prove that she can support herself without using my funds. She can provide her last 6months bank statements as well.

Im thinking only to provide my last 6months pay slips, employee contract and recent P60 as the bank statement will make things worse. We both wrote a statement to explain the situation and aruged that she have more than enough for 6months.

Anyone think is it possibe that we are not provide any bank statements of mine? Can they refuse on that base?

Thanks in advance for any advice given!

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: Fiancé Visa - Need help!

Post by ElenaW » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:26 pm

They need to see your bank statements it's a requirement. Are you out of this situation now? How much is your rent and council tax? How much are your debt repayments per month? You need to have £103 (about) per week after all the above payments.
I tell it like it is.

Eric Kenz
Newly Registered

Post by Eric Kenz » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:11 am

Thanks Elena.

My salary is £1000 per month in the last 6months and my rent is £500. Council Tax is £96.84. Spend £400 on other things. My bank loan is £170 per month. After all the above payment it has nothing left.

Im aware that I have to provide my bank statements for the last 6months in order to add to the argument that I can support her. Unfortunately my overdrawn will not help the arguments to be made.

We certainly don't want to wait another few month so thats why Im thinking maybe we can just apply it without my bank statements as my fiancee has enough savings to prove that she can support herself.

Do you think is possible?

blessed78
Newly Registered

Post by blessed78 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:24 am

We applied in Australia and only sent the applicant's 3 months of bank statements, not the sponsor's. I spoke to them on the hotline beforehand and they said one set, applicant or sponsor, was fine.
Each country has different requirements, so depends on China's.

EDIT: Sorry, I'm talking about a spouse visa, just saw you are applying for fiance! Too early in morning for me. :?

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:15 am

Eric Kenz wrote:Thanks Elena.

My salary is £1000 per month in the last 6months and my rent is £500. Council Tax is £96.84. Spend £400 on other things. My bank loan is £170 per month. After all the above payment it has nothing left.
On those figures you are unlikely to be able to satisfy the maintenance requirements on your salary alone. You will still have to submit your own bank statements though.

How big is your overdraft? Is it increasing or reducing?

However, you also said your fiancée has substantial savings. As long as she can show that this is money belonging to her, with appropriate bank statements etc. going back 6 months, then I think you may be OK for the fiancée visa.

How soon do you and your fiancée plan to get married? Does she intend to work once you have applied for her further leave to remain as your spouse? If so it is worth considering what jobs will be open to her at that point, and providing evidence that you have investigated the local jobs market, along with evidence of her qualifications, work experience etc. to date.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:17 am

Eric Kenz wrote:Thanks Elena.

With these figures, you barely meet the requirement. Are there any debt repayments in that left over £400? I think you'll be fine because of your fiancee's savings but I have known many cases where the application was refused based on not sending in bank statements so send in atleast 3 months.
I tell it like it is.

Eric Kenz
Newly Registered

Post by Eric Kenz » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:23 pm

I think you'll be fine because of your fiancee's savings but I have known many cases where the application was refused based on not sending in bank statements so send in atleast 3 months.[/quote]

Honestly it will only make things worse if I send my bank statements in. Its about £300 debts showing in every month. The situation was bad since last year so there is nothing I can show to the authority.

My gf's saving is more than adequate to support her during her 6 months visa. Do you think we should take the risk?

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:51 pm

Eric Kenz wrote:I think you'll be fine because of your fiancee's savings but I have known many cases where the application was refused based on not sending in bank statements so send in atleast 3 months.
Honestly it will only make things worse if I send my bank statements in. Its about £300 debts showing in every month. The situation was bad since last year so there is nothing I can show to the authority.

My gf's saving is more than adequate to support her during her 6 months visa. Do you think we should take the risk?[/quote]

No. You will get an outright refusal if you don't send them in. The risk you should take is send them in, do some explaining, make a budget, etc...
I tell it like it is.

Eric Kenz
Newly Registered

Online application errorâ€

Post by Eric Kenz » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:48 pm

Thanks guys I will take your advice. Now I have another problem hope you can help as well!

I feel absolute stupid having done this, but I am a bit worried because it seems quite a significant error.

Today I completed and submmited an online application for a Fiance VISA (to marry) in the UK. However looking back to my horror it says: VISA SUB TYPE: UNMARRIED PARTNER!!! It should be: PROPSED PATNERSHIP! My gf have the appointment on 20th Sep for the biometrics and to take the documents and application.

This is what I read from the Homeoffice's website:
"If you have submitted your online visa application and printed your form but have made a mistake filling in any of the sections you will need to make the change on your printed form and sign against it. "

So can she change it easily by hand after? Does she needs to write a letter to explain the mistake? Or Should I just refill the form online again? But most of all, will this be detramental to my appliction??

moocifer
Newly Registered

Post by moocifer » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:51 pm

They can refuse on any basis. To be safe I'd provide the bank statements with an accompanying letter of explanation written by yourself.

Also good luck on your application - see my closing signature for how long it may take :cry:

firozibrahim

Post by firozibrahim » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:38 am

My Fiancee has Good paying Job she roughly make GBP 38K I been coming to UK frequently almost every month for few days a week to max for business Now I am applying for Fiancee Visa got few Question

She just purchased a Flat so her saving is drained ? is it ok ...

Second I am trying to find the right application form I email VFS they send me a form VAF4A is it right form ?

Third What is the fees for Fiancee Visa ?

Fourth what are the documents require for the same ?