ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Duplicate passport (Indian)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ashishbmth
Newly Registered

Duplicate passport (Indian)

Post by ashishbmth » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:42 pm

my passport was stolen 2 days ago.I am reading the hig commision website for lost/stolen passport section.It is mentioning something about consent letter from uk home office which should state that I have not acquired british citizenship. Lead time to obtain this certificate is 10 days. I am in UK for last 3 years. Do you think I need to obtain this certificate before applying for duplicate passport.

Also, for identity card, will the ICFN card from UK HOme office will be sufficient.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:00 am

[quote="Issue of duplicate passports or Emergency Certificates in lieu of damaged or lost passports"]If you are on a short visit to the UK or a work permit holder or a student and have lost or damaged your original passport, you can approach the High Commission for either a short validity passport or an Emergency Certificate.
- You will need to fill up the application form along with 4 latest identical passport-size (35â€

ashishbmth
Newly Registered

Post by ashishbmth » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:11 am

hey, thanks sush.. i applied for the passport yday.

One question I have is that last time when I applied for visa extension, I went through the biometric process. This time when I my passport is stolen, will I have togo through with this biometric process again.

Nativespeaker
Newly Registered

Post by Nativespeaker » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:11 am

Hi ashishbmth,

I don't think so that the procedure will be repeated. The results of the process should be in their database.

mr_danny

Post by mr_danny » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:03 pm

ashishbmth wrote:hey, thanks sush.. i applied for the passport yday.

One question I have is that last time when I applied for visa extension, I went through the biometric process. This time when I my passport is stolen, will I have togo through with this biometric process again.
Hi

can you please confirm how long did it take for you to get your duplicate passport? what documents did you carry with you?

thnx