ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant visa - queries consolidated

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

allgo

Dependant visa - queries consolidated

Post by allgo » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:35 pm

Hi friends,
Have been browsing through different links on the forum and have confusion about certain things . hence thought of putting the doubts in one place.

1) wife would make out of country application - hence if we submit photocopies of printed pages of my passport is that ok? Do I need to notarise it. Some people did mention that in several places but I guess that isnt needed

2) Payslips - is there any standard how many payslips I need to submit. As such all they need if maintainance proof - so just savings bank statement shoudl suffice. But if I submit paylsips I will have to submit current acc statements as well as that is where I get my salaries. More statement - hence -Adds to confusion.
Also if experts do feel submitting payslips + current acc statements makes teh case more solid is it 3 months ot 6 months. Have seen "3-6 months" suggested at seeral places. Do we have a definite figure

3) Invitation card - not too sure we need it. I am planning to do resitry marraige (court) on 2nd or 4th Dec and social on 11th dec. Hence was thinking of submitting the marriage cert + some photos on around 15th. If I need to submit invitation card that would bear 11th dec as the date and hence may add to confusion of caseworker. Any suggestions?

4) Since wife will be applying visa within 2 weeks of my arrival to India, it would be a case where visa applcation is made very quickly after marriage - so Do I submit my travel itinerary as well? and mention that I took 3 weeks leave for marriage and have to go back to resume service in the cover letter?

Lastly I did ask these questions in different links hence apologise for creating a new link. Just wanted experts to have a consolidated look at my queries.
Thanks in advance!

allgo

Post by allgo » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:27 pm

Experts.. any help?
Thanks in advance

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Re: Dependant visa - queries consolidated

Post by hsmp1412 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:38 pm

allgo wrote:Hi friends,
Have been browsing through different links on the forum and have confusion about certain things . hence thought of putting the doubts in one place.

1) wife would make out of country application - hence if we submit photocopies of printed pages of my passport is that ok? Do I need to notarise it. Some people did mention that in several places but I guess that isnt needed
Photocopies are fine. I know that if you are applying from India the photocopy does not need to be notorised.

2) Payslips - is there any standard how many payslips I need to submit. As such all they need if maintainance proof - so just savings bank statement shoudl suffice. But if I submit paylsips I will have to submit current acc statements as well as that is where I get my salaries. More statement - hence -Adds to confusion.
Also if experts do feel submitting payslips + current acc statements makes teh case more solid is it 3 months ot 6 months. Have seen "3-6 months" suggested at seeral places. Do we have a definite figure
It is recommended by the VFS guys that you submit 3 months' payslips. No need for the supporting current account statements for dependant visa.

3) Invitation card - not too sure we need it. I am planning to do resitry marraige (court) on 2nd or 4th Dec and social on 11th dec. Hence was thinking of submitting the marriage cert + some photos on around 15th. If I need to submit invitation card that would bear 11th dec as the date and hence may add to confusion of caseworker. Any suggestions?
Invitation card is not mandatory. Just ensure that you submit enough proof to convince the case worker that your relationship is subsisting.

4) Since wife will be applying visa within 2 weeks of my arrival to India, it would be a case where visa applcation is made very quickly after marriage - so Do I submit my travel itinerary as well? and mention that I took 3 weeks leave for marriage and have to go back to resume service in the cover letter?
Yes - again ensure that you submit enough proof to convince the case worker that your relationship is subsisting.

Lastly I did ask these questions in different links hence apologise for creating a new link. Just wanted experts to have a consolidated look at my queries.
Thanks in advance!

allgo

Post by allgo » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:24 am

Thanks a ton hsmp1412!