ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Netherlands Schengen Tourist Visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aliahmed
Newly Registered

Netherlands Schengen Tourist Visa

Post by aliahmed » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:01 pm

Hi,

Anyone have any experience with Netherlands Schengen Tourist Visa. I mean their processing time etc. Also for what max duration usually they grant visa. I have plan to visit to France ,Germany and Netherlands on new year and then next year April. Preferably I want to go to Netherlands first. I do not want to apply again n again for visas in next 6 months its expensive and time consuming.

Anyone with experience applying Netherlands Embassy London/Birmingham recently please share.

Regards,
Ali

onlinevisa
Newly Registered

Post by onlinevisa » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:32 am

The Schengen Visa enables you to gain entry to the Schengen member countries (Germany, France, Austria, Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Switzerland, Norway, Italy, Spain, Greece, Portugal, Iceland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Hungary and Czech Republic) for the purposes of tourism for a period not exceeding 90 days. You are required to submit evidence of financial capability and strong ties to your home country to be eligible to apply for this visa.

aliahmed
Newly Registered

Post by aliahmed » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:13 am

Thx for reply onlinevisa.

I am already working on Tier1 General in UK.
I already had schengen from France and Germany.

France granted me 6 month validity which was quite convenient but due to some personal reasons I never traveled on it. But recently I visited Germany on Schengen granted by German Embassy which validity was me strictly for my trip.

I was only trying to ask how Netherlands Embassy experience wise,
Because I want a tourist Schengen from December to May roughly.

My destinations are France, Germany, Netherlands and may be Italy too.

My question is which country from above relatively easily to get a multiple 6 months
valid visa.

Any fresh experiences or knowledge will be much appreciated.

Regards,
Ali.

rak3sh
Newly Registered

Post by rak3sh » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:27 pm

Your best bet would be to apply for a French Schengen visa.
Since you already had a 6 month French Schengen (though you havent used it), it'll be very easy for you to get a long Schengen visa (6 months easy).

The length of the visa usually depends on the remaining length of the UK visa you hold, employment status, funds, previous schengen travel history and travel insurance.

I haven't applied for a Netherlands Visa as France gives me a long one whenever I apply.

For information on the processing times, appointment procedure and documents details for Netherlands Embassy, check out http://www.visasforindians.com/netherlandsinuk.html