ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK settlement visa refusal in Bangkok - what options ?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

3point14
Newly Registered

UK settlement visa refusal in Bangkok - what options ?

Post by 3point14 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:32 am

OK, we're still waiting but if we were refused, then what options are open to us ?

I understand there is a long drawn out appeal process which would take place in the UK and I understand that one could simply make another application and resubmit, covering the reasons for the refusal.

However, I seem to remember some other less publicised option of making representation to the Embassy in the immediate aftermath on the grounds that they overlooked something in the application or failed to apply the rules correctly.

I ask this not because I fear a refusal, though one must always consider the worst, but rather to be prepared for the eventuality and being able to react swiftly to head off the need to wait months for an appeal hearing.

Any suggestions most welcome.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:47 am

The reasons for refusal would determine how you respond. If they refused you incorrectly, then you may write to them, asking for reconsideration, pointing out their error.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

3point14
Newly Registered

Post by 3point14 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:53 am

vinny wrote:The reasons for refusal would determine how you respond. If they refused you incorrectly, then you may write to them, asking for reconsideration, pointing out their error.
Is this method of writing for reconsideration illustrated anywhere ? I would certainly like to think it was and to see an outline of the required procedure.

Thanks for your reply.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:33 pm

See also Testimonial.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

3point14
Newly Registered

Post by 3point14 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:37 pm

Thanks for that.