ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SAR file timeline

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

milrr
Newly Registered

SAR file timeline

Post by milrr » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:12 pm

Hi there

I have applied for my SAR file since I am going to apply for ILR soon. I received ack. letter from UKBA dated 18th August. Payment was taken out of my account today 7th of September. Any idea when I will receive my file? Any previous experiences?

Many thanks for your help.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:57 pm

Requests for personal data wrote:you should expect a response from us within 40 days.

regards

milrr
Newly Registered

Post by milrr » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:16 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
Requests for personal data wrote:you should expect a response from us within 40 days.

regards
Is it 40 days from the ack. letter or when they cash the money? What happens if they do not send that in 40 days? Any experiences?

Many thanks.

manas_datta
Newly Registered

SAR for entry/exit dates

Post by manas_datta » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:33 pm

Sorry I'm adding to your question - but I was wondering what kind of information I can ask for through an SAR. I'm also planning to file my ILR application soon and I'm worried about the entry/exit dates and employment dates on record (I've changed jobs a couple of times).

WIll I be able to get this information through an SAR?

tbbcuk

Post by tbbcuk » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:18 pm

It took roughly about 11 days for my SAR to arrive (I sent it at the beginning of August).

The day after I received my SAR, the cheque was cashed. So I assume they won't bank your cheque until they got all your SAR record ready.

milrr
Newly Registered

Post by milrr » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:47 am

tbbcuk wrote:It took roughly about 11 days for my SAR to arrive (I sent it at the beginning of August).

The day after I received my SAR, the cheque was cashed. So I assume they won't bank your cheque until they got all your SAR record ready.
Thanks for the info. I sent it early August as well but UKBA said they received it on 18th of August. I still have not received it after 21 days so I just have to wait for now.

What is the procedure if you do not receive it within 40 days?

milrr
Newly Registered

Post by milrr » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:41 pm

Hi everyone

Today I received my SAR file. It took 29 days after the ack. letter date. It includes all my previous application details and etc. I am somehow relieved that it shows all my applications are in time.

Many thanks for your help again.