ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General extension - Please review.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

*FC*
Member of Standing

Tier 1 General extension - Please review.

Post by *FC* » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:46 am

Hi all,

I shall be applying for my Tier 1 General extension on 21st September at PEO Sheffield. Just a brief history of my Visa, I applied for HSMP in February 2008 and got the approval letter. Due to introduction of Tier 1 in April, I used the transitional arrangements form for HSMP letter holders and obtained EC under Tier 1 General valid for 3 years i.e. till April 2011. I was already in the UK on a Work permit when I got my Tier 1 General.

I was lucky enough to get an appointment at Sheffield PEO for 21st September for the Tier 1 General extension. It will be a great help from all you folks if you could please point out anything you think isn't right from the list below. Following are the documents I shall be carrying along with me for the appointment.

1. Filled in Tier 1 General form.
2. Postal Order for the relevant fee.
3. 2 Passports - Current and expired, expired passport has the Tier 1 General vignette.
4. 12 months Salary slips - From September 2009 to August 2010.
5. 12 months Original Bank statements - September 2009 to August 2010.
6. Letter from Employer - Not only for the monthly breakup of Salary but also explaining that my salary is paid 15 days in advance and 15 days in arrears. I get paid on the 15th of every month with the salary slip dated to end of month. Hence there is a chance that the HO may get confused to see the salary slip dated to month end and salary credited to Bank account on 15th.
7. Original degree certificate.
8. Flexi saver bank statements for Maintenance funds. Also have sufficient funds in the normal bank statements that I anyways have to submit.
9. PBS points calculator output printout.

Will be much appreciated if one could please review and let me know if it looks good. Thanks! :)

FC

*FC*
Member of Standing

Post by *FC* » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:41 am

With no comments yet, I hope my application looks fine ... :?

letmec2006

Hi

Post by letmec2006 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:45 am

FC

Your looks fine.

Just wondered why you are doing so early?

Would you get your extension from say April 2011 to April 2013 or would you get it from September 2010?? any idea

*FC*
Member of Standing

Re: Hi

Post by *FC* » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:08 pm

letmec2006 wrote:FC

Your looks fine.

Just wondered why you are doing so early?

Would you get your extension from say April 2011 to April 2013 or would you get it from September 2010?? any idea
Thanks for your reply letmec.

I was planning to move jobs, however the job application says I need to have atleast one year of leave to remain in the country. This rule by a few employers has put loads of Tier 1 individuals at disadvantage.

I hope that I get it till April 2013, failing which I will write to the UKBA calling it a "mistake" and ask them to take relevant action.

FC

abdik1980

Post by abdik1980 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:03 am

Your documents list looks fine.

Please also check:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=6351

T1_Mainframe

Post by T1_Mainframe » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:58 pm

I hope you are aware they have changed the forms recently.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... s-guidance

As per above link, they will accept old forms till 27th Sept 2010.

I do not think one need to submit Degree certificate during extension, unless you have earned a higher degree since your initial application.

Cheers!

push
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 General extension - Please review.

Post by push » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:31 pm

*FC* wrote:Hi all,

I shall be applying for my Tier 1 General extension on 21st September at PEO Sheffield. Just a brief history of my Visa, I applied for HSMP in February 2008 and got the approval letter. Due to introduction of Tier 1 in April, I used the transitional arrangements form for HSMP letter holders and obtained EC under Tier 1 General valid for 3 years i.e. till April 2011. I was already in the UK on a Work permit when I got my Tier 1 General.

I was lucky enough to get an appointment at Sheffield PEO for 21st September for the Tier 1 General extension. It will be a great help from all you folks if you could please point out anything you think isn't right from the list below. Following are the documents I shall be carrying along with me for the appointment.

1. Filled in Tier 1 General form.
2. Postal Order for the relevant fee.
3. 2 Passports - Current and expired, expired passport has the Tier 1 General vignette.
4. 12 months Salary slips - From September 2009 to August 2010.
5. 12 months Original Bank statements - September 2009 to August 2010.
6. Letter from Employer - Not only for the monthly breakup of Salary but also explaining that my salary is paid 15 days in advance and 15 days in arrears. I get paid on the 15th of every month with the salary slip dated to end of month. Hence there is a chance that the HO may get confused to see the salary slip dated to month end and salary credited to Bank account on 15th.
7. Original degree certificate.
8. Flexi saver bank statements for Maintenance funds. Also have sufficient funds in the normal bank statements that I anyways have to submit.
9. PBS points calculator output printout.

Will be much appreciated if one could please review and let me know if it looks good. Thanks! :)

FC
looks all fine to me. Avoid sending excessive documents if possible - i.e. Bank statements (One original copy can be used for claiming points for both Earnings and Maintenance Funds)
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

*FC*
Member of Standing

Post by *FC* » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:38 am

Thanks very much for your responses Abid, T1_mainframe and Push.

Thanks T1_mainframe for the link about new forms. I shall go with the latest version.

Push - Point noted, I have enough funds in my current acccount, so guess Flexi savers may not be needed.

Also, I have read a few cases where some applicants were asked for Degree certificate even though they were only extending their stay. I will atleast carry it along with me, just in case.

Thanks for all your responses. :)

FC

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:53 pm

Good luck!!
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

ganeshptrk

Post by ganeshptrk » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:41 pm

Hi *FC*
Since you are applying for the extension 6 month before, please let us the know the start of date of your new visa. Curious to know if it is from the expiry date of current visa or from application date.

All the best

Thanks

abdik1980

Post by abdik1980 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:32 pm

ganeshptrk wrote:Hi *FC*
Since you are applying for the extension 6 month before, please let us the know the start of date of your new visa. Curious to know if it is from the expiry date of current visa or from application date.

All the best

Thanks
Start date will be the stamp date of the new visa. Its upto the case worker if he adds last six months into the new visa to complete 5 yrs.