ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC from India

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ajex-2000

EC from India

Post by ajex-2000 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:40 am

Happy New Year to all!!!

I got my HSMP last week thanks to this excellent forum and Moderators esp.

I have a few queries about EC I need help with.

1> What sort of medical tests one has to undergo in India if any??

2> I assume that after my EC date say 1 st June ; I need to travel to UK within 3 months i.e 30 th September ; However my family( wife & kids) can follow any time during the year.

Please clarify whether this is correct???

should one apply for entire familys EC together or what???

3> What sort of Accomadation arrangement ( esp when you do not know when you will get EC) and Income and expenditure statement one needs to submit??

4> How much time it takes in India for getting the Visa after the submission of the application in case no Interview/Interview.

Thank you all

Ajex_Mumbai :D :D :D

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:05 am

I assume that after my EC date say 1 st June ; I need to travel to UK within 3 months i.e 30 th September
Can I just pick up on this aspect because it seems fundamental to your plans.

Having got your HSMP ... congratulations by the way ... the application for EC needs to be made within three months, otherwise the HSMP effectively lapses. And then, when issued, the EC will ordinarily have a start date of the date of issue but if you request it, that start date can be deferred for up to three months.

So Ajex, is it your plan to wait until March before applying for the EC, and then request an EC start date of 1st June? And then not travel to the UK until 30th September? (which by the way is four months after 1st June, not three months)
John

ajex-2000

Oops

Post by ajex-2000 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:13 pm

John,

Thanks for your congratulations!!!

Ok My apologies for the confusion.I am excited!!!

I will do away with the hypothetical and talk specific

I need to apply by 15 th March as my HSMP is dated 15 th dec.

I can ask them to post date the EC to 3 months from 15 th March i.e 15 th June.

So my EC will be valid from 15 th June 2006 till 14 th June 2007.

I need to travel to UK before 15 th September as worst case as i need to be economically active for atleast 9 months.

Is this understanding correct??

Actually my main objective is to come immediately to UK after EC ;land a job;find a suitable place and then get my family here.

So if EC of my family is valid for 1 year they can join me at a later date when i am settled.

Please guide how the above can be achieved and also if you could shed some light on my other queries.

Many Thanks in advance

ajex_mumbai

ajex-2000

Post by ajex-2000 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:37 am

Hi Guys & Gals

Please help me ou with the queries.

Thanks

Ajex_Mumbai

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:36 pm

ajex

A couple of points from your post
- You can request to defer your EC visa date by 3 months. It is up to the High Commission to grant it. Dont automatically assume you will get it.
- I also would not advise you to wait until the very end of your HSMP validaity before applying for EC. In the event of things not going according to plan, for example if they ask you for more documentation then you may not have enough time to comply within the validity period of your HSMP approval.

I need to travel to UK before 15 th September as worst case as i need to be economically active for atleast 9 months.
Is this understanding correct??
There is no written rule that states that but that is the common understanding that many HSMP applicants follow.

So if EC of my family is valid for 1 year they can join me at a later date when i am settled.
Yes they can.

PPra

Ajex Dont wait till March to apply for EC

Post by PPra » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:13 pm

Hi Ajex,
I also would not advise you to wait until the very end of your HSMP validaity before applying for EC. In the event of things not going according to plan, for example if they ask you for more documentation then you may not have enough time to comply within the validity period of your HSMP approval.
Vazir is very right. Please apply atleast, repeat ATLEAST 1 month before the HSMP letter expires.

I did mistake of applying right at the fag end for the same reasons as yours ie for getting the Post Dated Visa. Unfortunately I was refused the EC. Had i applied earlier I could have reapplied for EC with additional documents. Since an EC process takes not more than 21 days. Please apply 1 month before the last date as per your letter. So that if need be you can collect additional documents and reapply in case anything goes wrong.

Also read the postings about preparing documents for EC vary carefully on this Board specially take note of pre-arrangement of your stay in UK and availability of funds with you and the job searchings you are doing.

Wishing for the best

PPra

ajex-2000

Post by ajex-2000 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:44 am

Thanks Vazir & PPra

Excellent advice!!!

I was indeed thinking ofapplying at the fag end!!!

Many Thanks!!!

Ajex_Mumbai :D :D :D

umeshsethi

How to apply for APPROVAL i.e part 1 .of process from INDIA

Post by umeshsethi » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:26 am

Hi , Can anyone guide on how to apply for APPROVAL from India. I know the evidence etc. required but am not sure of forms , fee etc. Someone said that fee for applying for APPROVAL ...(not EC ) is not 315 GBP but less i.e 7200 Rs and ... so which form to use... because the one in www.workingintheuk.com for under 28 mentions 315 GBP as fee.

Also is it directly sent to UK to the address or we go to VFS Delhi.

Please help. I am a bit clueless about this.

Regards
Umesh Sethi
Umesh Sethi

ajex-2000

Post by ajex-2000 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:50 am

Umesh,

GBP 315 is for HSMP and goes with the application.

I trust what you are looking for is EC from India.

see this link to answer your queries.

http://www.britishhighcommission.gov.uk ... 7657088735

Now my question!!!!

I am still confused about my family's arrival from india.

I get EC from say 1 st April; 2006 how long can I delay the arrival of my family; is it till say 30 th June 2006 only which is applicable for me as well or is it anytime till the EC validity from 1 st april till 31st march 2007.

Regret bothering all again.

Ajex_Mumbai :D :?:

hert

EC from India

Post by hert » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:06 pm

Ajex_Mumbai: Your family can come anytime during the validity of EC. There are no time restrictions for your dependents (family) to join you. But in any case they can't come to UK before you arrive here, if you are the principal applicant. So need to worry...just come here, arrange for accommodation/job & call them anytime of your EC validity/Visa.
Cheers