ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

INIS outstupids itself yet again

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sideshowsue

INIS outstupids itself yet again

Post by sideshowsue » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:41 pm

I just saw this on the Irish Times site: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ire ... 36072.html

AN IMMIGRANT doctor who had worked for eight years in the Irish health service was denied naturalisation because she had broken a red traffic light on her bicycle, a conference in UCC was told yesterday.
This ranks right up there with the refusal given to the person who failed to pay for a TV license.

True, the article was economical with the details, so it's difficult to gauge the context of the incident (i.e. did she fail to pay the fine and was eventually summoned to court etc.), but Jesus, the INIS are looking for any excuse to exclude immigrants and to prevent all legitimate attempts towards integration.

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:09 pm

Your title says it all. This means that any one who got penalty points or parking tickets will be refused. This country's naturalization system baffles me!