ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Some questions on Tier1 visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

strikerjax
Newly Registered

Some questions on Tier1 visa

Post by strikerjax » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:33 pm

I am planning to apply for a tier 1 visa(general migrant). I work currently in the IT field in India.
Once I get there and am looking for a job, can I take any other job (not related to my qualification) till I find one in the IT field, or am I supposed to work only in the IT field?

- When a company hires you, does it treat you as part of the normal labor force or does it have to do special paper work, fees etc.. to keep you on its payrolls.

- In case one dont land an IT job, and instead works in another vocation, then does it reduce your chances of getting further extensions or immigration etc..

I have been on a H1 work permit in the states where its quite restrictive
Basically one has to work for a certain employer who sponsers the visa and you cant work anywhere else. During a recesion this is a pretty severe limitation. For ex., if one doesnt find an IT job.

- wondering if there's an FAQ on this sort of thing.

thanks
Striker
Last edited by strikerjax on Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Re: Some questions on Tier1 visa

Post by hsmp1412 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:48 pm

strikerjax wrote:I am planning to apply for a tier 1 visa(general migrant). I work currently in the IT field in India.
Once I get there and am looking for a job, can I take any other job (not related to my qualification) till I find one in the IT field, or am I supposed to work only in the IT field?

- When a company hires you, does it treat you as part of the normal labor force or does it have to do special paper work, fees etc.. to keep you on its payrolls.
You will be part of their normal workforce.
- In case one dont land an IT job, and instead works in another vocation, then does it reduce your chances of getting further extensions or immigration etc..
It does not matter what field you are working in as long as you have enough earnings to achieve the min points required for visa extension.

strikerjax
Newly Registered

Post by strikerjax » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:56 am

I was looking at the FAQ listed in this forum, though it sounds a little dated (2005).

Going by your answer to my initial query, Should I assume the below given point has changed Since 05

>>http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=703
>> 2. Can I do any sort of work outside my designated HSMP profession?
Not for the HSMP renewal purposes. Any economic activity (job) used in any renewal should be in your HSMP designated profession. Please refer to Q 40 to 44 of the FLR (IED) form. Of course, one may engage in any legal activity for purely economical reasons. If you happen to successfully renew your HSMP status while employed outside of your designated profession, please share that with the Board. Thanks!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:01 am

You are not applying for HSMP, but Tier 1 (General). HSMP scheme closed in 2008.

regards