ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Last minute worries

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mari_Posa
Newly Registered

Last minute worries

Post by Mari_Posa » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:02 am

Hi, I'm seeking some advice for a long story that I will cut as short as I can... My partner has overstayed his visa by more than two years. We've been together, live together, have a family and intend to go to Paraguay in two weeks to marry and hopefully return to London. No doubt there are consequences because of his very long overstay here but we are determined to put everything right. In terms of being his sponsor, everything on my side is ok. I can prove residential status, financial stability and employment etc...
Please can anybody advise me anything they know! What do we expect when going through the airport (out of London)? Will the entry clearance officer say NO straightaway because of my partners long overstay? How do I address a letter to the entry clearance officer? I'm so worriednow the time is nearing!

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: Last minute worries

Post by ElenaW » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:37 pm

Say no to what? Him leaving? Obviously they'll let him leave. I have no first hand experience but I've heard that the may fill out some paperwork on his behalf as some people are checked at random when leaving the country. What letter are you talking about?

Overstay doesn't matter for when he applies for a spousal, so they won't refuse him based on that.
I tell it like it is.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:47 pm

I believe you're referring to a sponsorship letter addressed to the ECO (Entry officer). This can simply show support for your husband's application and mention the strength of the relationship and the responsibility he has as a father to the child you have together.
As Elena has already advised, he won't be refused due to the overstay. This is assuming he hasn't been involved in any activity which would be considered fraudulent in order to remain in the UK. He needs to be completely honest in the application.

Mari_Posa
Newly Registered

Post by Mari_Posa » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:36 pm

Thank you for the replies. According to the solicitor we have, when we go through the airport my partner will have his fingerprints and photo taken and can be expected to be given a 5 year ban to stay out of Europe. However, because we will be marrying etc the ban will be broken. Can I expect my partner to return with me or will it be a case of leaving him in Paraguay and waiting for him to get permission to return to England? Do Entry Clearance Officers like long letters from the sponsor or should I keep it short? My family have added letters too.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:19 am

Mari_Posa, based upon what you have posted, the application for the 27-month spouse visa should be successful, and armed with that spouse visa he will be allowed into the UK.

Just one thing I would add, and before I go on I am not suggesting that you would do otherwise, but when the visa application form is completed, do ensure that it is is completed honestly. Don't try to hide any facts. As they say about visa applications, get caught in the lie, wave the visa goodbye!
John

Mari_Posa
Newly Registered

Post by Mari_Posa » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:01 pm

Thank you John.

searching

hi

Post by searching » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:10 am

hi
not trying to be bossy pants but i agree with john what ever u do any convictions or anything do mention on the form i m telling u from personal experience its not worth not mentioning even if its by mistake because they will crucify u becaz of that mistake wish u all the best