ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

self employed income

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

visatier1
Newly Registered

self employed income

Post by visatier1 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:45 am

I am due to apply for extension to my Tier 1 early next year in Feb 2011...I was hoping if someone could guide me to the right direction with regards to the documents.....
Basically I am working for a compnay as PAYE employee but also run a part time business as self employed of my own........and wish to use earnings from both sources to satisfy the criteria required under earnings..

For my extension application i am providing :

* 12 Months bank statement and 12 Months pay slips for my PAYE employment.*(I believe this satisfies the requirement for documents in this section)

For Self employment the document confusion still exists....

1. I have a letter from accountant confirming exact amount i am claiming on his letter headed paper.
2. Letter from accountant for invoice explanations.
3. I also have the invoices as mentioned in section 141 of Tier 1 Policy Guidance on page 23.

Now the confusion which home office has created on its paperwork is in Section 142..
They are requesting further 2 documents in addition to the ones in 141.
Could someone clarify how is a self employed person supposed to satisfy this criteria.
as only doucment which can be provided is
UTR letter from HMRC
will they accept employers liability insurance as 2nd evidence

thnax

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:42 am

When did your self-employment start? Prior to 05.04.10? If so your Self Assessment tax return to 05.04.10 will of course mention your self-employment income, so why not supply a copy of your Self Assessment tax return?
John

visatier1
Newly Registered

Post by visatier1 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:59 am

John wrote:When did your self-employment start? Prior to 05.04.10? If so your Self Assessment tax return to 05.04.10 will of course mention your self-employment income, so why not supply a copy of your Self Assessment tax return?
i register as self employed after april 2010 so i cant submit it

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:07 am

OK, but what about your Class 2 NI contributions? Have you got confirmation from HMRC that you are paying Class 2, or alternatively a Small Earnings Exemption Certificate?
John

visatier1
Newly Registered

Post by visatier1 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:07 pm

John wrote:OK, but what about your Class 2 NI contributions? Have you got confirmation from HMRC that you are paying Class 2, or alternatively a Small Earnings Exemption Certificate?
yaaa am paying class NI contributions..

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:46 pm

But you would only be paying Class 2 contributions if you were self-employed. So isn't proof of those contributions proof for UKBA that you are indeed self-employed?
John