ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Claiming points for PG Degree

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

add_mah

Claiming points for PG Degree

Post by add_mah » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:38 pm

I want to enquire about the Documentary evidence for a degree taught in English, I did PG Diploma from UK but I can’t claim points for that so im claiming points for my Bachelors Degree that I did from India. Just wondering what documents I need to show for claiming those points.
Can i show PG diploma Degree, as an evidence to claim points.

Thanks

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:19 pm

You can submit the original degree certificate and print out from the PBS calculator showing that it has awarded you 10 pts for that degree.

add_mah

Post by add_mah » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:33 pm

that means there is no use of PG Diploma, i need to show original Bachelor's Degree, do i need to show any other documentary evidence besides my bachelor degree, as the HO required the IELTS score too, as i haven't given IELTS test when i came here.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:35 pm

Reading the policy guidance will help.

regards

add_mah

Post by add_mah » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:39 pm

appreciate for ur reply mate...that's what im reading since, but they are very complicated.. :roll:
can anyone explain me in simple language....plz

add_mah

Post by add_mah » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:13 pm

Any Genious....

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:35 pm

add_mah wrote:Any Genious....
You don't have to be genius to understand the policy guidance. Read pages 29-32 in the policy guidance which is in plain English. You have to show your original degree certificate to claim points for English language requirement, if you want to claim points in 'Degree taught in English' way and before that check in PBS calculator if your degree fetches you points for the requirement.

The below excerpt is from the policy guidance. Dont think there is any confusion or complication in it.

175. There are three ways in which an applicant can show he/she meets the English language requirement. The applicant can:
• be a national of a majority English speaking country; or
• pass an English language test detailed in this guidance; or
• hold a degree that was taught in English and is equivalent to a United Kingdom bachelor’s degree or above.

http://bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteconten ... idance.pdf

push
United Kingdom

Re: Claiming points for PG Degree

Post by push » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:45 pm

add_mah wrote:I want to enquire about the Documentary evidence for a degree taught in English, I did PG Diploma from UK but I can’t claim points for that so im claiming points for my Bachelors Degree that I did from India. Just wondering what documents I need to show for claiming those points.
Can i show PG diploma Degree, as an evidence to claim points.

Thanks
Go on to the points calculator. See for which of the courses you have done the points calculator awards you 10 points under the English Language section. Thereafter use the original degree of that course to claim points.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer