ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can A NON EU stay in UK after 5 years URGENTLyY

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hphp
Newly Registered

Can A NON EU stay in UK after 5 years URGENTLyY

Post by hphp » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:54 pm

I am EU national married with Non EU national, we been married since 07-2004.
Been living in UK in marriage over 5 years, I have been studying and on and off working, but I never had a comprehensive sickness insurance. I have been granted a residency document but it is NOT permanent.
My husband has not been working, nor studying for a period of 5 years. He studied for the past 2 years. However he does NOT have a comprehensive sickness insurance and he has been granted a 5 year residency document, now. But I am about to leave the UK and get divorce so I believe that he will be deported back to his own country as he has not the grounds to stay here as self sufficient person, am I right??? Can he stay here on his own rights ???

Maxies
Newly Registered

Post by Maxies » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:22 pm

Hi hphp,

If his residence permit is still in effect, there is no worries unless it is linked to your status. If not, he needs to ask a new resident permit, either as a student or worker ASAP. If he does nothing and his visa has expired, then he may be expelled from the UK any time. especially if the divorce is pronounced.

Good luck to each of you !