ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How often can i apply for visit visa?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

katya b
Newly Registered

How often can i apply for visit visa?

Post by katya b » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:57 pm

Hi,

im a non-eu national and my boyfriend is Irish. i was in Ireland on private visit visa from 5th of may till 5th of august (90 days) and now i would like to apply for another visit (3 month stay visa), im planning to come back to Ireland in late November.

I heard that there has to be a break between visits but the embassy worker wouldnt explain it all to me more detailed so i got confused...:?

Is there a chance to get my application approved with my dates planned?

Thanks so much,
Katya

daddy
Member of Standing

be careful

Post by daddy » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:12 pm

this is a piece of advice, do not leave ireland and try to return within few months, the immigration at the airport would think that u are working other wise what do u do for living, what time do you have for your work in your country , be careful, thats my advice.

if you like ireland, better look for a residence permit to live here.

katya b
Newly Registered

Post by katya b » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:05 pm

Im just after talking to the embassy of Ireland in Moscow secretary, she said i can go for another 3 month stay in late november but after that i will have to go home and wait for 6 months before applying again.

Now this rule seems even more confusing to me. i found this rule on the internet, it says "the total time of stay must not be longer than 90 days within a six months' time, beginning with the day of arrival".

So, in my case, 5th of may till 5th of august (90 days) + august, september, october and most of november, together make even more than 6 months
and i can come back?

Even scared to apply now, dont want to get refused... :(

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:22 pm

katya b wrote:Im just after talking to the embassy of Ireland in Moscow secretary, she said i can go for another 3 month stay in late november but after that i will have to go home and wait for 6 months before applying again.

Now this rule seems even more confusing to me. i found this rule on the internet, it says "the total time of stay must not be longer than 90 days within a six months' time, beginning with the day of arrival".

So, in my case, 5th of may till 5th of august (90 days) + august, september, october and most of november, together make even more than 6 months
and i can come back?

Even scared to apply now, dont want to get refused... :(

Visitors visa are only issued for 3 months period here...strange... whereas UK/US give you 3 month 6 month 1-2 & 5 years speaking from experience, it's also dependent on invidual cases concerned when getting visas. Even on 5 year UK visa one can't stay more than 3 months in UK (that's pretty much the rule in all countries for visit visas). But if you are a frequent traveller and have enough money to fund your trips and your BF funding you I don't see why they will refuse you? He can submit an affidavit stating that you are visiting and go back etc. etc. as he is your sponsor which can help + you also have to show enough grounds that you have strong reasons to go back to Russia. But then again this is Ireland things are upside down here, I would listen to the embassy and their advise.

Dublin2011
Newly Registered

Post by Dublin2011 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:00 am

Normally, in general EU countries, they don't allow you to stay in EU with tourist visa more than 6 months or 180 days per year. If not, it means you stay in EU more than in your home country.

So I think you might have a chance to get a visa to come back to Ireland again in this November. But to come back again next year, you have to wait until after 5th May next year.