ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How do I get my post from the Royal Mail

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

coolcalm
Newly Registered

How do I get my post from the Royal Mail

Post by coolcalm » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:41 pm

I called the HO who informed me that a decision had been made on my PR application and had been sent to my solicitor ( they gave me the Track No).

Unfortunately, my solicitor chamber had been closed for good and the mail is now lying in the Royal Mail local office.

I don't want them to return the mail to the HO.

How can I collect this from the Royal mail?

London-er

Re: How do I get my post from the Royal Mail

Post by London-er » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:24 pm

coolcalm wrote:I called the HO who informed me that a decision had been made on my PR application and had been sent to my solicitor ( they gave me the Track No).

Unfortunately, my solicitor chamber had been closed for good and the mail is now lying in the Royal Mail local office.

How could you collect a Letter that is not addressed to you from Royalmail ? :roll:
If your Solicitor is closed for good, then Royalmail will return the Letter back after 2weeks( not so sure about duration) and then You will need to contact UKBA and offer them an address. Royalmail will not attend to you because you are not the Addressee. ( my own opinion anyway,you might still wait for others to respond)

Guerro
Member of Standing

Post by Guerro » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:37 am

coolcalm wrote: my solicitor chamber had been closed for good

I'm afraid your solicitor didn't close for good at all, but don't worry you will get your papers. It is a matter of time and finger crossed

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:14 am

go the following link and find out what royal mail delivery office serves your solicitor.
http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/cust ... iaId=70300

what you can then do is take your ID - Driving license and some correspondence with the solicitor on his letter head with you to prove you know whats in the envelope. Request them and ask them to help you out and they may just let you have the parcel.
worth a shot I'd say
coolcalm wrote:I called the HO who informed me that a decision had been made on my PR application and had been sent to my solicitor ( they gave me the Track No).

coolcalm
Newly Registered

Post by coolcalm » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:53 am

bobobo wrote:go the following link and find out what royal mail delivery office serves your solicitor.
http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/cust ... iaId=70300

what you can then do is take your ID - Driving license and some correspondence with the solicitor on his letter head with you to prove you know whats in the envelope. Request them and ask them to help you out and they may just let you have the parcel.
worth a shot I'd say
Thanks. I will give it a trial today.

coolcalm
Newly Registered

Post by coolcalm » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:28 pm

I tracked down my solicitor to his new office. He went with me to the Royal Mail. He told them that he has made a redirection with the Royal Mail when his previous chamber closed down.

They have the mail but won't give it to us personally. They promised to re-delivered it to the new firm that my solicitor now works for.

We shall see what happens tomorrow.

coolcalm
Newly Registered

Post by coolcalm » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:46 am

coolcalm wrote:I tracked down my solicitor to his new office. He went with me to the Royal Mail. He told them that he has made a redirection with the Royal Mail when his previous chamber closed down.

They have the mail but won't give it to us personally. They promised to re-delivered it to the new firm that my solicitor now works for.

We shall see what happens tomorrow.
Update: I got the mail yesterday and I was issued my Permanent residence card. Thank u all for ur supports.

Guerro
Member of Standing

Post by Guerro » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:41 pm

congratulations :lol:
enjoy the PR