ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 Clarfication questions

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nagaraj
Newly Registered

Tier1 Clarfication questions

Post by nagaraj » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:18 am

Clarification questions:
1) Should we need to shown Initial Accommodation Arrangement in UK? Like Hotel reservation or Invitation Letter from a UK Resident [Friend or Relative]?
2) For Fund Maintenance the account and FD are joint with my wife –Is No objection letter from my wife should be sufficient?
3) My friend insisted to take a financial support letter form father/Brother/Spouse/ father-in-law stating below on STAMP paper– is this letter needed?
I am <Sponsorer’s Name >, Father / Mother / Spouse / Brother of <Your Name> holding a savings account in <Bank Name > account no:xxxxxx at <Branch Name >.
I, as <Sponsorer’s Name > hereby declare to promise my financial support to <Your Name > fully and I state that I have no issues in supporting him financially towards his / her expenses at United Kingdom.

Thanks for all your valid inputs/suggestion.
Good day!!
Nagaraj.

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Re: Tier1 Clarfication questions

Post by aspirant99 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:28 am

nagaraj wrote:Clarification questions:
1) Should we need to shown Initial Accommodation Arrangement in UK? Like Hotel reservation or Invitation Letter from a UK Resident [Friend or Relative]?
2) For Fund Maintenance the account and FD are joint with my wife –Is No objection letter from my wife should be sufficient?
3) My friend insisted to take a financial support letter form father/Brother/Spouse/ father-in-law stating below on STAMP paper– is this letter needed?
I am <Sponsorer’s Name >, Father / Mother / Spouse / Brother of <Your Name> holding a savings account in <Bank Name > account no:xxxxxx at <Branch Name >.
I, as <Sponsorer’s Name > hereby declare to promise my financial support to <Your Name > fully and I state that I have no issues in supporting him financially towards his / her expenses at United Kingdom.

Thanks for all your valid inputs/suggestion.
Good day!!
Nagaraj.
Assuming it is a tier-1 initial application for the main applicant and not for a dependent:
1)No, a proof of residence/stay etc is not required for tier-1 applications
2) A NOC from the co-holder of the FD account and a letter from the bank stating "the amount can be ecashed at any point of time .." should suffice
3) A sponsor's letter is not required for Tier-1 applications.

Good luck!!

nagaraj
Newly Registered

Post by nagaraj » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:57 am

Thanks for your quick reply.

neosumit

Post by neosumit » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:43 am

The policy guidance no where states that in case of a joint account, the applicant needs to prove that there is no objection from the other joint holder/s of the account.

You can submit the NOC doc, but frankly they cannot stop you from claiming funds held in the joint account as long as your name clearly appears on the statements for the period mentioned.

If someone submits an NOC anyway, the ECO could very well doubt the authenticity of such a doc as there is no prescribed format for the same.

Hence I assume just the statement having your name should suffice even in case of a joint account!
Thanks,
Sumit.