ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa application for my parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

psdesai
BANNED

Visa application for my parents

Post by psdesai » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:51 pm

Hi,

I am on Tier 1. My monther wants to travel to UK for the our baby (which is due in few months).

There are two types of applications that I found on UKBA website VFS1A and VFS1B. http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/faqs/

VFS1A is for the visitors who are comming to UK other then family relations and VFS1B is for the family relatives. On the face of it VFS1B look more appropriate for my parents. Can they say in the applicaiton form that the reason for their visit is becouse or our baby (i.e. their grandchild), would that be ok for them to get 6 months visa or it can have affect on the length of the visa?

Also do you think it would make any difference if they apply using VFS1A? Just to let you know my parents havent travelled outside India before.

Many thanks for your input.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:22 pm

They should apply on the family visitor visa.

You are fine to mention the baby. In fact, this can be a positive as it provides a reason for them coming rather than it being a simple visit.

However, it is vitally important that you do not let any impression they are coming to be free child care seep through. E.g. don't say things like "so they can look after the baby while we return to work". This has been taking as 'working' by UKBA in the past and is frowned on.

It is also very important they show strong ties and good reasons to return to India.

If you are going to support them and offer accommodation while they are here you should also make sure you have strong evidence of your finances and accommodation.

Final thought for you - don't make the mistake of not including documentation about their financial circumstances because you're providing yours. The ECO will be looking for reasons they won't return - so if they don't see finances/commitments for them to come back - they might be suspicious.

Disclosure - I've invited my wife's family over previously for our wedding, which was a short term visitor visa. We're building to inviting her family for a visitor visa for the birth of a baby soon too. We haven't done this yet - but are planning for it.

M.

psdesai
BANNED

Post by psdesai » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:37 pm

Thanks very much that was very useful and detailed