ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR & FLR(M) strange questions by caseworker

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ILR_Applicant

ILR & FLR(M) strange questions by caseworker

Post by ILR_Applicant » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:30 pm

Hi folks,

I have applied for my ILR on 3rd of September at Birmingham Solihull. Mine was straight forward case i.e 3yrs WP + 2 yrs tier 1.

I am granted ILR on same day service. I did not apply for my wife as I am married just 4 months back(i can not apply for her according to 2 yrs rule).

I booked appointmnet for her on 13th september FLR(M)

When we went to caseworker he has put us below questions

:: why didn't you apply for her along with you, so that she would be granted ILR ?

I said she didn't complete 2 yrs. then he asked is it? yes its mentioned in UKBA website..then he said okay if its mentioned so okay

:: then he said, still you should have applied on same day for her FLR(M) why did you wait for 10 days

I said, I tried for her appoinment on 3rd but could not get it and I got information from UKBA that apply for her FLR(M) as soon as you can nad latest date i got was 13th

Just he went thru appln and then granted FLR(M) for her.

Now my questions are :

Do you guys think if we have applied together she would be granted ILR. or is case worked just trying to ask me questions if I know all information..

please suggest

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: ILR & FLR(M) strange questions by caseworker

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:42 pm

ILR_Applicant wrote:Do you guys think if we have applied together she would be granted ILR.
If your spouse has been living in the UK since / subsequent to your marriage (4 months), then no.

regards

ILR_Applicant

Re: ILR & FLR(M) strange questions by caseworker

Post by ILR_Applicant » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:51 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
ILR_Applicant wrote:Do you guys think if we have applied together she would be granted ILR.
If your spouse has been living in the UK since / subsequent to your marriage (4 months), then no.

regards
Thanks for response.do you think just case worker would have put question to know my reaction or he is not aware of complete rules..

nineteen

Post by nineteen » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:48 pm

Hi so to apply ILR for spouse with main applicant. Does spouse need to be in UK for 2 yrs?

If yes, what documents do we need to take for proof.

Is marriage certificate is OK? or any bank statements for past 2 years to prove living together.

thanks.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:38 pm

Nineteen, you really need to start your own thread with this question.
However, as you seem worryingly unsure as to what is required for a spouse ILR application, I suggest you go onto the UKBA website and read through the guide notes for form SET(M).
Apart from proof of joint address throughout the full 2 years, utility bills, official letters, TV licence, council tax statements for example (not just bank statements) the applicant will need to pass the Life in the UK test or complete an ESOL Citizens content course before applying.