ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absence from UK not clear - Passport stamping question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

boldy3
Newly Registered

Absence from UK not clear - Passport stamping question

Post by boldy3 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:55 pm

Hi,

During my 10 year qualifying period, I have returned home several times to visit my family in Hong Kong during school holidays, however, as I am a Hong Kong citizen, I did not have to go through immigration to get my passport stamped when I returned home.

Basically my passport was stamped when I returned to the UK, but it does not show the dates of my arrivals in Hong Kong, and therefore it is not clear for how long I was out of the country.

There is an identity card which every Hong Kong citizen must produce when they enter the country, and I'm fairly sure this is swiped through a system and logged on a computer, but not 100% certain.

I am sure there are many people who have returned to their country of birth during a 10 year ILR qualifying period and also not had their passport stamped when going home. So how do you prove how long you were out of the country in these cases?

Sorry if this is a basic question....

Thanks

powershower
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by powershower » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:47 pm

hello there,
I am in same situation; I have few entry stamps missing. Heathrow hey missed out few arrival stamps in 10 years. Although back home they stamp my passport on each entry and exit. In SAR they haven’t send landing card except very first one. Also one stamp for France is missing. On Paris airport they have stamp passport for arrival on exit they didn’t stamp and neither on Heathrow. Although I have not been outside from Uk more than 90 to 100 days in 10 years in total. Please advise....