ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP my partner has failed to renew his Visa OVERSTAYED!!!!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

st3phani3
Newly Registered

HELP my partner has failed to renew his Visa OVERSTAYED!!!!!

Post by st3phani3 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:05 am

I came home from shopping yesterday... and straightaway there was a knock at my door I opened it to find 4 border of immigration police officers on my step. They said it was about my partner they had picked him up doing a random check @ his place of work. And they currently have him detained at our local police station. This morning he has spoke to a solicitor & he's still being detained at the police station thats all they will tell me..

But what i heard from the border of immigration, apparently he hasn't renewed his visa/or overstayed it. Which is news to me!! He's been living with me for a year and I am also carrying his baby (we live in N/E England). Ive known him roughly 8 years. He has always worked at the same place receives payslips from work all above board, he has never hidden away.. he pays his taxes & has never been on benefits. He's never even taken a day off work. He has also never been in trouble with the police before this and has never been to jail. Also he has never used false information. His documents are all in his name.

I dont think ive ever been so scared.. he has nothing to go back to St Vincent for. He also has family here he has a little brother here who he dotes on. Also aunties, uncles & cousins.. but the rest of his family are all in Canada & New York...

Id appreciate a little advice & guidance please as im at a loss and don't know where to turn

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:36 am

What category of visa does he have?

st3phani3
Newly Registered

Post by st3phani3 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:52 am

I'm honestly not sure......... :(

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:57 am

st3phani3 wrote:I'm honestly not sure......... :(
Have you been living together for atleast two years? Do you have any proof of this?

He would need to go back to st. vincent and apply from there as he's out of status here now. Overstay doesn't matter when it comes to partner based visas.
I tell it like it is.

st3phani3
Newly Registered

Post by st3phani3 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:05 pm

We've only been together a year & half.. can prove it with pics/videos but thats about it.. If he did go back to SV.. how long wud it take for him to get his visa back? Would they allow him to return?

st3phani3
Newly Registered

Post by st3phani3 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:18 pm

I meant to say would they allow him to return to England that easily?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:18 pm

Without knowing what category of visa he's overstayed, or how he entered the country originally it's difficult to advise. You don't meet the criteria for an Unmarried Partner Visa as you haven't been living together for a minimum of 2 years. If you were married, in theory (without having the full facts of his overstay) he could return to his home country and apply for a Spouse visa to return.
He really needs urgent legal advice and representation on this.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:29 pm

Casa wrote:Without knowing what category of visa he's overstayed, or how he entered the country originally it's difficult to advise. You don't meet the criteria for an Unmarried Partner Visa as you haven't been living together for a minimum of 2 years. If you were married, in theory (without having the full facts of his overstay) he could return to his home country and apply for a Spouse visa to return.
He really needs urgent legal advice and representation on this.
Very good advice Casa :)
I tell it like it is.

lizziet

Post by lizziet » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:27 am

Hi, what a horroble shock for you especially when you're pregnant. If I were you I would go to somewhere like the Immigration Advisory Service (look on google) as they can give you free or low cost advice depending on your circumstances. Good luck x