ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Indian Visa

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kpr29
Newly Registered

Applying for Indian Visa

Post by kpr29 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:17 pm

Hi There
I became British Citizen on 23/06/2010 and have recently received my British passport. I have following questions:

1. I travelled to India on my India passport on 03/07/2010 and returned back on 21/07/2010. According to the below website, there is a grace period of 3 months within which I can travel on Indian passport and wont have to pay any penalty.
http://www.cgibirmingham.org/index.php? ... ages&id=20
Can you confirm that is correct??

2. I am planning to move back to India for good next month. I don't have time to apply for OCI.
What visa should I apply to go to India? Tourist Visa or Long Term Entry Visa??

3.Can I apply for OCI after moving back to India? If so, please provide some information.

Please suggest me on the above questions.

Thanks in advance
KPR

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Applying for Indian Visa

Post by geriatrix » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:15 pm

kpr29 wrote:1. I travelled to India on my India passport on 03/07/2010 and returned back on 21/07/2010. According to the below website, there is a grace period of 3 months within which I can travel on Indian passport and wont have to pay any penalty.
Renunciation wrote:Travel each time on Indian Passport after acquiring foreign citizenship INR 10,000/- (subject to maximum of Rs.50,000/-)
kpr29 wrote:2. I am planning to move back to India for good next month. I don't have time to apply for OCI.
What visa should I apply to go to India? Tourist Visa or Long Term Entry Visa??
Either, your wish.
kpr29 wrote:3.Can I apply for OCI after moving back to India? If so, please provide some information.
Yes.

regards

kpr29
Newly Registered

Post by kpr29 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:43 pm

Thank you very much for your quick reply.
Just one more question,
According to the below website I don't have to pay any penalty if I travel in the 3 months grace period.
http://www.cgibirmingham.org/index.php? ... ages&id=20

Grace period of three months is allowed from the date of acquisition of foreign citizenship for the purpose of travel on Indian passport. No penalty will be leviable for travel on Indian passport.

Please suggest.

Thanks
KPR