ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Acknowledgement letter

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sun09
Newly Registered

Acknowledgement letter

Post by Sun09 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:09 pm

Hi there,

Please can someone help me about my query for Acknowledgement letter, I have applied citizenship application on 1st sep through ncs but still i havn't recived my Acknowledgement letter what should i do? shall just ignored or contact to ho for this, is this letter is very important ?

thanks,

Newbies
Newly Registered

Re: Acknowledgement letter

Post by Newbies » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:53 pm

Sun09 wrote:Hi there,

Please can someone help me about my query for Acknowledgement letter, I have applied citizenship application on 1st sep through ncs but still i havn't recived my Acknowledgement letter what should i do? shall just ignored or contact to ho for this, is this letter is very important ?

thanks,
Have you contacted your NCS to get a royal mail tracking number to see when the HO received your application. The HO will contact you soon if there is a problem in processing the payment. No payment, No acknoledgement letter.

rg1
Member of Standing

Post by rg1 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:17 am

I applied thru NCS on 2nd Sep and got acknowledgment letter in 10 days.

Get courier tracking number from NCS.

Check if credit/debit/cheque has been debited for UKBA fee.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:43 am

Sun09, I can only concur with the advice from rg1 .... get the tracking number from the NCS office ..... and check if payment has been taken.
John

RAJ2007
Member of Standing

Post by RAJ2007 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

i have applied on 9th Sept through NCS and Ho received on 10th Sept. However , HO has not deducted the fees as of yet. How long do they take to take out the payment?

rg1
Member of Standing

Post by rg1 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:59 pm

usually it takes 5 business days to deduct payment for debit/credit card.

For cheques, it may take longer.

Sun09
Newly Registered

Good news for citizenship application

Post by Sun09 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:04 am

Thanks for your reply, good news my decision being made within two weeks and I have received my approval letter today,

how long we have to wait for council invitation letter for certificate?

Thanks,
Sun
Last edited by Sun09 on Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:31 am

Congratulations on getting the "application successful" letter so quickly.

As regards the letter from your local Council, that should come in the next few days. If you have not heard from them by say Monday week, which would surprise me, I think you would be justified in making contact with the Council.
John

Sun09
Newly Registered

Post by Sun09 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:40 pm

Thanks John for your help,

Lorna Lu
Newly Registered

Acknowledgement of Citizenship application

Post by Lorna Lu » Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:09 pm

I have posted my application of British Citizenship and tracking shows it has been received on 26th October 2013, but I haven't received acknowledgement of receiving it. It has been more than 2 months. On UK Border website, it says "it will take 4 weeks to receive acknowledgement letter", what should I do?

jotter
Member of Standing

Re: Acknowledgement of Citizenship application

Post by jotter » Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:23 pm

Lorna Lu wrote:I have posted my application of British Citizenship and tracking shows it has been received on 26th October 2013, but I haven't received acknowledgement of receiving it. It has been more than 2 months. On UK Border website, it says "it will take 4 weeks to receive acknowledgement letter", what should I do?
Please follow the October and general Naturalisation timeline topics in this forum. You will be able to see from that that your case is normal. You can forget about the usual timelines as per the website, due to the huge number of applications in October resulting from the change in the Knowledge of Life and Language requirement. Instead follow those other topics and look at posters whose timelines are similar to your own.