ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What are my options????

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ohoopee

What are my options????

Post by Ohoopee » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:46 pm

So I just changed jobs back in May. I applied for my new work permit and it wasn't approved until May. I changed jobs only because my former employer completly closed from Oct to Mid December then again from the first of January to April. That was just to long to be with out work. I cam to my current employer because they told me that while hours would be cut during the winter months but that there would be some hours. I figured that some hours were better than no hours so I changed employers back in May. Now it hasn't all be fun. Me and my supervisor really hasn't seen eye to eye from the start and while I have done my best to be respectful of him, he hasn't always done the same and yeah there has been some problems.

My supervisor called me into his office today and told me that things were slower this winter than expected and that people were going to be laid off. He said right up front that I was on the top of the list to go. He told me he would give me a few hours for the next few weeks but after that, he couldn't promise anything.

It made me so mad, I mean honestly, left my old job that still wanted me who bought me over to Ireland to avoid stuff like this and now.... I am between a rock and a hard place and I am seriously regretting changing jobs now.

The first thing I did was walk outside and call my old surpervisor and ask about my old job..... he informed me that it had been filled... of course!!!

So as a person living and working in Ireland on a Stamp 1 Work permit, if I am laid off, what are my options???? I paid the 1,000 Euro for my last visa which was approved in May, I don't have another 1,000 Euro.

In March, i sold my vehicle in my old country and then in May, after I started my new job, purchased a car here.

Monday, if he is there, I am going to go talk to the General Manager of my company and tell him what my supervisor told me and explain my situation to him. It has been my experience that this probably won't do any good however but at this point I don't know what else to do. The ONLY reason why I am being picked to leave is because me and my supervisor never got along too well.

So guys, what are my options? For the field I am in, Winter is a bad time anyway so it will be hard to find another job in the winter months regardless. Do I qualify for any kind of Government aid? I have never even been on Government aid in my home country but I don't know what to do.

I don't really have anyone in my home country I could stay with while I hunt for a job even if I went back so right now if I lose my job.... I will be homeless ether here or back in my home country. I just really don't know what to do. Any advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

fatty patty

Re: What are my options????

Post by fatty patty » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:22 am

Ohoopee wrote:So I just changed jobs back in May. I applied for my new work permit and it wasn't approved until May. I changed jobs only because my former employer completly closed from Oct to Mid December then again from the first of January to April. That was just to long to be with out work. I cam to my current employer because they told me that while hours would be cut during the winter months but that there would be some hours. I figured that some hours were better than no hours so I changed employers back in May. Now it hasn't all be fun. Me and my supervisor really hasn't seen eye to eye from the start and while I have done my best to be respectful of him, he hasn't always done the same and yeah there has been some problems.

My supervisor called me into his office today and told me that things were slower this winter than expected and that people were going to be laid off. He said right up front that I was on the top of the list to go. He told me he would give me a few hours for the next few weeks but after that, he couldn't promise anything.

It made me so mad, I mean honestly, left my old job that still wanted me who bought me over to Ireland to avoid stuff like this and now.... I am between a rock and a hard place and I am seriously regretting changing jobs now.

The first thing I did was walk outside and call my old surpervisor and ask about my old job..... he informed me that it had been filled... of course!!!

So as a person living and working in Ireland on a Stamp 1 Work permit, if I am laid off, what are my options???? I paid the 1,000 Euro for my last visa which was approved in May, I don't have another 1,000 Euro.

In March, i sold my vehicle in my old country and then in May, after I started my new job, purchased a car here.

Monday, if he is there, I am going to go talk to the General Manager of my company and tell him what my supervisor told me and explain my situation to him. It has been my experience that this probably won't do any good however but at this point I don't know what else to do. The ONLY reason why I am being picked to leave is because me and my supervisor never got along too well.

So guys, what are my options? For the field I am in, Winter is a bad time anyway so it will be hard to find another job in the winter months regardless. Do I qualify for any kind of Government aid? I have never even been on Government aid in my home country but I don't know what to do.

I don't really have anyone in my home country I could stay with while I hunt for a job even if I went back so right now if I lose my job.... I will be homeless ether here or back in my home country. I just really don't know what to do. Any advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Its a little confusing going back and forth back and forth, made my head spin don't know how you feel :lol: ? As far as the job thingy is concerned you have more chance of securing a job in retail/food industry near to x-mas then in any other sector. Now, i am not sure what kind of permit you have but as long as it's valid i think you can switch it to other employer as long as your permit is valid, yeah? If you have paid contributions last year and out of job with P-45 you are entitled to get job seeker's benefit but remember, if you apply for citizenship in future this will comeback and haunt you.

Ref: http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Pages/jajbfaq.aspx