ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Exit/Entry Date Confusion

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MD_Surrey
Newly Registered

ILR Exit/Entry Date Confusion

Post by MD_Surrey » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:15 am

Hello everyone,

There's this one question which is baffling me. How does the Border Agency verify my exit/entry dates? There are a couple of dates where I'm a little confused (can't read very clearly in the passport stamp).

Do they just take your word for it or do they ask for some kind of evidence that you were indeed in the country when you say you were?

That's the only part of the ILR puzzle that is missing. If anyone can share their experience with me, that would be really great!

Thank you forum!

devet
Newly Registered

Post by devet » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:40 pm

Hello,

I rang UKBA about this as it had been so long since I had left the country. Obvioulsy working to many hours and not having enough fun :/

They said to guess the departure and return dates. None of the dates were stamped in my passport because it was to my country of origin and then back to the UK (where UK customs could not supersede my original WP/right to leave stamp with a bog standard passport entry stamp).

Having said that, I am still waiting on my ILR decision, so perhaps I am totally wrong!

All the best,

Pamela

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:03 pm

You should try and be as accurate as possible, look at previous flight details etc.If you are within the limit perhaps it doesnt matter but if you arent then you may need the exact dates. You can request UKBA for a SAR file for your data as well.
From my experience, some of my dates of entry to USA were wrong but I wasnt asked anything, my total leaves were about 185.
Best regards