ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

afridi
Newly Registered

FLR

Post by afridi » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:55 am

Hello Friends

Can one apply for FLR more than once, to meet the 5 yrs criteria for ILR?

Kindly verify this: as per UK Immigration rules, one cannot stay outside UK for more than 450 days in the last 5 yrs to be eligible for ILR?

Thanks,

vinny

Re: FLR

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:35 am

afridi wrote:Can one apply for FLR more than once, to meet the 5 yrs criteria for ILR?
Yes.
afridi wrote:Kindly verify this: as per UK Immigration rules, one cannot stay outside UK for more than 450 days in the last 5 yrs to be eligible for ILR?
See also Chapter 6A - Settlement
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

afridi
Newly Registered

Post by afridi » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:16 am

thanks

but what about 18.2.1.2 (a) and (b) mentioned in http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:22 am

That refers to the Naturalisation requirements, not ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

afridi
Newly Registered

Post by afridi » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:44 am

oho. I screwed I guess. I mistook Naturalisation for ILR all this time. My story:
HSMP Visa (Initial) start date: 27/05/10
HSMP Visa end date: 27/05/13
First entry to the UK: 23/06/10
1st exit: 09/07/10
2nd entry: 12/08/10
2nd exit: 15/08/10

Actually Ive not yet taken the risk of leaving my current job and I'm looking for one in the UK in parallel. (my current job is in Pakistan with frequent travel to and long duration stays in the Europe which is why I'm looking for a job in the UK while in the Europe). I had set a deadline of Jan/Feb 2011 for leaving my current job and moving to the UK (even if I dont get a job in the UK by then). I was a bit relaxed as I thought I have 450 days of absence in the 5 yrs period :(

Keeping in mind the conditions for ILR and Naturalisation, what do you suggest I should do now?