ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Home office letter for marriage visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

LittleMonkey
Newly Registered

Home office letter for marriage visa

Post by LittleMonkey » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:58 pm

Hi,

I'm a permanent resident in the UK. I'm getting married to an Indian citizen next month and we intend to live\settle here in the UK. From VFS website, i understand that it takes upto 3 months for spouse visa. I have a few questions regarding this.

1. Will anything speed up this process?
2. Do I need a clearance letter from UK police.
3. Can I inform home office now about my wedding next month and will it speed things up?

Thanks in advance,
Pratheep

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:23 pm

Informing the Home Office (UKBA) of your future wedding won't speed the application up. The 12 weeks processing time is the average from Pakistan and there's no allowance for 'jumping the queue.
Make sure you submit a strong application showing:
Sufficient finance to support you both.
Adequate accommodation in the UK
Evidence that the relationship is genuine, proof of contact etc.
You must both be over the age of 21 and from November your wife will have to pass an English exam before the entry visa is granted.