ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certificate of Approval

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fgag
Newly Registered

Certificate of Approval

Post by fgag » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:05 pm

I have been living in the uk for 8years(illegaly) and want to get married to my fiance(british) when i first came to the uk they said to me to come every week and sign up but i didnt turn up on the application 4.1 it says to indicate you current immigration status what would it be?another thing when they took me in they got my id so i have no type of id to send with the application what will i need to do?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:45 pm

Certificates of Approval are due to be withdrawn probably later this year or early in 2011 which means if you wait awhile you shouldn't need one.
Also bear in mind that the application for a COA often alerts the Home Office to where they can find you (including where the wedding will take place) and they may take steps to remove you before you marry.
Waiting for COA's to be withdrawn may be your better option. Remember however, that your marriage on its own won't give you legality here. You'll still have to apply for a spouse visa and without knowing your full situation this will probably have to be applied for from your home country.
Do you have children with your fiancee?

fgag
Newly Registered

Post by fgag » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:38 pm

no i havnt.is it for definite it will be withdrawn?another thing can i get married at the registry office without any id?

HRY2005
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by HRY2005 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:04 pm

can i get married at the registry office without any id?
No, I am afraid. You need your birth certificate and your ID(Passport or Driving Licence) as well as a COA in your case. I will follow Casa's advice if I'm in your position.

If you still wanna go ahead for your COA(which might be abolished in November or early next year), is your impounded passport still valid? If not, that means is no longer a valid Identity document.
Live and let live