ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visitor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

neelima.kovi24
Newly Registered

Family Visitor visa

Post by neelima.kovi24 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:22 pm

Hi,

I am looking to bring my mom on Family visitor visa for 2 yrs (my mom has already stayed in UK for 6 months and returned back) to help me with my 5 year old son as I am having challenges with the childminders.

So just wanted to know the chances my mom will be granted a 2yr visa rather than 6months. Can some one help me with this query.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:22 am

Last edited by vinny on Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rohitktm

Post by rohitktm » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:25 am

Ya she can be granted long term visa (2 yrs or more). But every visit should not be more than 6 months. That means she need to go back after 6 months....and if she want to come back again she do not need to apply for visa again as she would have her long term visa. Hope this helps.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:50 pm

rohitktm wrote:Ya she can be granted long term visa (2 yrs or more). But every visit should not be more than 6 months. That means she need to go back after 6 months....and if she want to come back again she do not need to apply for visa again as she would have her long term visa. Hope this helps.
BUT - if she just leaves for one day and comes back again for a further 6 months - she'd probably be regarded as settling here and be refused reentry.

The general rule of thumb is no more than 6 months in 12 in the UK.

M.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:35 pm

push
United Kingdom

Re: Family Visitor visa

Post by push » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:51 pm

neelima.kovi24 wrote:Hi,

I am looking to bring my mom on Family visitor visa for 2 yrs (my mom has already stayed in UK for 6 months and returned back) to help me with my 5 year old son as I am having challenges with the childminders.

So just wanted to know the chances my mom will be granted a 2yr visa rather than 6months. Can some one help me with this query.
Be careful-If she is replacing the child minder it might be construed akin to being employed - not permitted under the visitor visa!!
VAT24.1 When can a person seeking entry as a child minder qualify as a visitor?
It is acceptable for visitors to act as a temporary child minder for relatives where:
the applicant is a close relative of one of the child’s parents e.g. parent, brother, sister, in-law. (More distant relatives are acceptable only if they have formed part of the family unit overseas or are the closest surviving relatives of the parent);
neither parent is able to supervise the daytime care of the child;
it is not simply an arrangement to enable both parents to take gainful employment (i.e. the arrangement should be to help in a temporary situation only);
neither parent is in a category leading to settlement;
the applicant will not receive a salary (except provision of board, accommodation and pocket money);
the applicant intends to remain in the UK for not more than 6 months.
But if it is suspected that the arrangement amounts to employment, paid or unpaid, the application should be refused on those grounds.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

saaj79
Newly Registered

Re: Family Visitor visa

Post by saaj79 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:19 am

neelima.kovi24 wrote:Hi,

she can get 2 year visa but in every 6 months she need to leave this country as visit visa only allows to stay in this country maximum 6 months.
but also you can apply dependent visa for your mom.just asked to a solicitor.