ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

If TA/DA Can be shown as earning Proof

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

afmamoon
Newly Registered

If TA/DA Can be shown as earning Proof

Post by afmamoon » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:13 pm

Hi Dears,

With my current earning as per my salary slip I am falling behind 5 points in UK Tier-1 Points Calculator and I want to file my application next month. Now I have one question which is very important for my application success.

Can I claim TA/DAs. I was given TA/DAs in last 5 months as I was posted in some other City. When I claimed the TA/DA; cheque was issued by the company in my name and I submitted that into my account. But there is no such information in my Salary Slip.

I have asked my Finanace Department and they are ready to give me the official letter from the company which states that this and this amount was given to me against TA/DA on this and this date and that can also be verfied with my Bank Statement.

If this letter can be shown as earning proof along with my Bank Statement ? Please answer my question as this is the only hurdle in filing my case.

Regards,

Fraz.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:13 pm

Do you spend the amount first and then claim it back? If yes, then you cannot claim it as your earnings? Also see the below point where it says that allowances should be declared on the payslips.

126. We will only accept allowances as earnings if they are declared in the applicant’s payslips and there is a contractual obligation on the employer’s part to make these payments.

http://bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteconten ... idance.pdf

afmamoon
Newly Registered

Post by afmamoon » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:26 pm

TA/DA is not like reimbersment. It is basically an Allowance u got if u go out of your city where u r doing job to some other city on behalf of company. Company pays you TA/DA for travelling, Hotel Stay and Food expenses.

But it is not mentioned in the Salary Slip as it is not part of Salary. So now tell me is it possible to show TA/DA as earning. Did anyone on this forum used this before to file his case and got success / failure.

pkumar
Member of Standing

Post by pkumar » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:37 pm

I won't take that risk

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:35 am

It's an allowance for expenses, not an allowance that forms part of your income / earnings.

regards

neosumit

Post by neosumit » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:32 am

I would assume that anything appearing on the payslip is a part of the 'earnings'.

The reason is:

Lets assume you were paid at a rate which is 20% more than the otherwise earning rate, but the reason being you were posted outside your 'home' work location, then it ought to be considered as part of earnings.

Different companies compensate employees in various ways and sometime salary slip has components like 'Personal Allowance' and 'Special Allowance' as a permanent item so one cannot say that 'Allowance' is not a part of the earnings!

I do not agree with Aruni on the point that 'if you pay first, and then claim' then its not a part of earning!
Most of the firms have 'LTA, Leave Travel Allowance' as part of the annual compensation and to claim that one either needs to produce the travel bills or he/she can claim it at the perquisite tax rate applicable to the individual.

Also companies while settling adhoc expenses incurred by the employee do pay either via cheque or via direct deposit in a 'current account' linked to the salaried savings account. This type of pay can probably not be claimed as 'earnings'.

If the UK authorities just wanted to check what's the annual income of a salaried employee then they could have very well asked just an letter from the 'Employer' for the annual compensation structure applicable to the employee. However they know that the 'Annual compensation' does not capture the earnings 'earned' by the individual because of different circumstances in which employee could be paid i.e. joining bonus, annual bonus, one time exceptional bonus, work in a different location, etc. etc.'

Thus anything on the payslips for salaried individual must be considered as part of the 'Earnings'!!
Last edited by neosumit on Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks,
Sumit.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:31 am

afmamoon wrote:But it is not mentioned in the Salary Slip as it is not part of Salary.
The OP clearly mentioned that his TA/DA does not appear in his payslip.
neosumit wrote:Different companies compensate employees in various ways and sometime salary slip has components like 'Personal Allowance' and 'Special Allowance' as a permanent item so one cannot say that 'Allowance' is not a part of the earnings!
Nobody said that 'Allowance' is not a part of the earnings, only those which are not mentioned in payslip are not a part of earnings.
neosumit wrote:I do not agree with Aruni on the point that 'if you pay first, and then claim' then its not a part of earning!
Most of the firms have 'LTA, Leave Travel Allowance' as part of the annual compesnation and to claim that once either needs to produce bills or he/she can claim it at the perquisite tax rate applicable to the individual.
I was responding to the specific query of the OP about TA/DA. Also see the below pointer..

124. Unearned sources of income that we will not consider as previous earnings include:
• expenses (such as accommodation, schooling or car allowances) that reimburse the applicant for money he/she has previously spent;
• dividends, unless paid by a company in which the applicant is active in the day-to-day management, or unless the applicant receives the dividend as part or all of his/her remuneration package;
• income from property rental, unless this forms part of the applicant’s business;
• interest on savings and investments;
• funds that were inherited;
• money paid to the applicant as a pension;
• expenses where the payment reimburses the applicant for money he/she has previously spent;
• redundancy payment;
• sponsorship for periods of study;
• state benefits; or
• prize money or competition winnings, other than where they are directly related to the applicant’s main profession or occupation.

afmamoon
Newly Registered

Post by afmamoon » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:51 pm

Guys; Thanks for your responses.

So to me what appears from your responses that the earning must be shown on the salary slip which can be bonuses/allowances etc. But if you are getting some extra money from your company in shape of TA/DA or any other benefit cannot be claimed but this is really strange.

Because I am a Telecom Engineer and on each Eid my company is paying me some extra money for emergency duty on Eid. YOu can call it benefit of doing duty on Eid Days but its again not the reimbersement. But again it is not mentioned in the salary slip. I have to claim it and will receive a cheque in response.

Anyhow it seems that I am not eligible for UK Immigration in that case. :-(

Can anyone suggest some other way for applying?

Rgds.

neosumit

Post by neosumit » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:04 pm

There is no other way of getting a Tier-1 :!:
Thanks,
Sumit.