ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage Visa -- help please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

LittleMonkey
Newly Registered

Marriage Visa -- help please

Post by LittleMonkey » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:21 am

Hi,

I'm a permanent resident in the UK. I'm getting married to an Indian citizen next month and we intend to live\settle here in the UK. I would apprciate if anyone could help with the questions below.

1. English Language Requirement. My fiancée will apply for her visa in early November. However, if she gets her visa after nov 29 or if she enters UK after Nov 29, will she have to pass this English Language Requirement. In other words, is the Nov 29 deadline for date of application or date of entry into UK.

2. Financial Requirements. My monthly expenses\outgoings(rent, c tax, util bills, food, travel etc) are around £1300 and my net income is about £2000. However, I have only 2K as my savings now. Will this be a problem. What would be an acceptable savings limit.

Please do share your thoughts and views on this.

Thanks in advance,
Pratheep

zeddy zed

Re: Marriage Visa -- help please

Post by zeddy zed » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:54 am

[quote="LittleMonkey"]Hi,

I'm a permanent resident in the UK. I'm getting married to an Indian citizen next month and we intend to live\settle here in the UK. I would apprciate if anyone could help with the questions below.

1. English Language Requirement. My fiancée will apply for her visa in early November. However, if she gets her visa after nov 29 or if she enters UK after Nov 29, will she have to pass this English Language Requirement. In other words, is the Nov 29 deadline for date of application or date of entry into UK.

The deadline is for the date of application . So even if she submits her applictaion on 28 nov she will come under current rule and will not need to do the test.

2. Financial Requirements. My monthly expenses\outgoings(rent, c tax, util bills, food, travel etc) are around £1300 and my net income is about £2000. However, I have only 2K as my savings now. Will this be a problem. What would be an acceptable savings limit.

Saving of £2000 would be fine. Usually the requirement is aroud £104 for a couple per week after rent, counil tax ect.. (exc food). SO by looking at the info you have given so income is more then enough , financially your postion looks good. So you dont need to worry about that.
Please do share your thoughts and views on this.

Thanks in advance,
Pratheep[/quote

LittleMonkey
Newly Registered

Post by LittleMonkey » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:20 pm

Thanks a lot. was bit worried about the finance side of things