ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help: Paying application fees ...

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

latch
Newly Registered

Help: Paying application fees ...

Post by latch » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:29 pm

Hi guys,

Can I pay my Tier 1 application fees with my maintenance funds?
In effect, will they go and check to see if my funds are still there after submitting my application?

.. or will my current latest statement (which I'll be submitting) satisfy them?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Help: Paying application fees ...

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:56 pm

latch wrote:Can I pay my Tier 1 application fees with my maintenance funds?
Not recommended that the money in account goes below the minimum balance required until your application is decided upon.

regards

neosumit

Post by neosumit » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:31 pm

Though it is ideal that you maintain that amount so that in case you need to file a repeat application (not an ideal but probable scenario), but I think it is not at all a problem to apply using the funds which were lying in your account which you showed as proof of 'maintenance funds'.

Since the guideline clearly states that you should show statements dated no more than 1 month from the date of application, the fund after that can be put to any use.

And in case, even if an inquiry is done for the funds, it would only be done for the period for which you are claiming the proof of funds. Beyond that, the case worker has no legitimate right and authority to see where you use your funds and for what.

A case in point being a Fixed Term deposit which matures just couple of days after your application date and you use that money to invest somewhere else.
Thus at the time when your application is processed, the above funds would not be logically present. I am highlighting this example just to prove that beyond the 'end date' for which applicant is claiming the funds, it appears clear (to me) that those funds can be put to any use as per the applicant's discretion!
Thanks,
Sumit.

t1s2010
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by t1s2010 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:26 pm

I find it safe because as per T1-guidance:

#215.
iii) Letter from bank confirming funds and that they have been in the bank for a consecutive 90 day period, ending no more than one calendar month before the date of application

• that the funds of £2,800 or £800 have been in the bank for at least a consecutive 90 day period on and immediately before the date of the letter.
The letter must be dated no more than one calendar month before the date of application.

Apart from showing bank statement, get a letter from bank on official stationary signed and stamped to be better positioned.

However, in application form, they advise you to keep the funds in account but 'technically' it should not be an issue.

neosumit

Post by neosumit » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:11 pm

'Let's play safe' is not how a guideline has to be interpreted.

The answer has to be a clear 'yes' or a 'no'. I am saying this because 'by playing safe' we confuse ourselves and others as well.

'The letter has to be dated not more than one month from the date of the application' implies that UKBA office just wants to ascertain the funds for a consecutive 90 day period before the applicaton date.

If UKBA would have wanted the applicant to maintain the funds till a decision is made, then they would have clearly mentioned the same in the guidelines.

Again I say that you maintain the fund(in any form of savings account/Fixed deposit) if you ever feel that you may need to file a new application for whatever unforeseen reasons it may happen.
Thanks,
Sumit.

t1s2010
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by t1s2010 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:13 pm

@neosumit
I am suggesting same thing to @latch. Please re-read first and last line, I typed.

I responded based on assumption that Latch would be having funds@boundary thus he seeking help.

lilmeiow2008
Newly Registered

Post by lilmeiow2008 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:21 pm

I would recommend you dont take out the money before your application is decided

neosumit

Post by neosumit » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:30 am

Keep this in mind that nobody can check your account balance of any date unless you have provided the other party access to it.

Now what you have provided is statements from a particular 'Start date' till a 'End date'.
Beyond the 'End date' nobody (except the IT department probably) can have a look at your account balance as it is your personal information.
Thanks,
Sumit.