ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier 1 Post Study Work Visa may end

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vader666

UK Tier 1 Post Study Work Visa may end

Post by vader666 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:35 pm

http://www.workpermit.com/news/2010-09- ... ay-end.htm

Hi ,

Regarding the one above , if it happens , would it affect current students
in UK ? What are the chances , what about previous ones ?

Thanks in advance..

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:04 pm

Don't confuse marketing strategy of a commercial organisation with govt. policy. Had you read the webpage carefully, you would have found the naswer to your query on that webpage itself (right at the bottom)!
It is not certain if and when changes will occur to the Tier 1 post study work visa.

regards

vader666

Post by vader666 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:19 pm

Yes I've read it , it says it is not certain.

That is why I am askin here about the government policy

Actually want to learn about their previous changes ,
in those did changes affect just new applicants or people looking
for switch to new visas ( such as a student looking for poststuıdy 1 year later)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:32 pm

vader666 wrote:Yes I've read it , it says it is not certain.

That is why I am askin here about the government policy
Had the govt. policy been decided and officially announced, the statement I have quoted wouldn't have been there! And without the policy being formally announced, you cannot expect people to comment on something that could be completely untrue and answer such queries as in your opening post.
vader666 wrote:Actually want to learn about their previous changes ,
in those did changes affect just new applicants or people looking
for switch to new visas ( such as a student looking for poststuıdy 1 year later)
Changes may affect new as well as existing migrants. Entirely up to the government to do what it deems suitable as long as it is legal to do what they intend to do. With your M.Sc finishing in November 2011, it is a bit early for you to worry about changes because you'll have to qualify for whatever immigration category is open for Tier 4 migrants at that time. And no one can predict for you how many times the immigration rules will change between now and Nov. '11 or what those changes would be.

Search the forum and UKBA website for information regarding previous changes. You'll find loads of information available.

regards

camille
Newly Registered

Post by camille » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:51 am

=(
Didn't know about this. I'm also graduating next year and plan to apply for this visa.

thebest
Newly Registered

Post by thebest » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:17 pm

camille wrote:=(
Didn't know about this. I'm also graduating next year and plan to apply for this visa.
Me too, I am wondering if i will be able to have a chance to apply for PSW, I am graduating next year July.

taha81

Important Confirmation...

Post by taha81 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:05 am

I think the next changes in any Visa category would be implemented, if any, not before April'2011......can anyone confirm my opinion ???
I am saying this because every year in March, UKBA announce changes if any. So there wouldn't be any change before April 2011......right ?