ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

work permit holder - bonuses

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

noor1034
BANNED

work permit holder - bonuses

Post by noor1034 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:44 pm

I am on in UK on work permit issued in Nov 2006.

My work permit clearly states my reference salary. I am just wondering to know if there is any UKBA policy on bonuses for work permit holders like they have a policy for substantial increase in salary for work permit holder.

My company is paying me 15% bonus on my mentioned salary. I am not sure should I take it. If I take it then my earnings on P60 will not match with my salary mentioned on WP.

Any advice will be appreciated.

MJNair

Post by MJNair » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:55 pm

What is given in your Work Permit letter must be the basic salary. I believe you are entitled to have overtime & bonus on top of this in addition to a normal yearly salary review.
(You should probably wait for senior members to confirm this)

This is a quote from the Home Office website
You will not need to make a 'change of employment' application if you want to stay with your current employer but your job will change in other ways (for example, if you want to change to a new job in the same SOC code, or if your pay will increase).

noor1034
BANNED

Post by noor1034 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:17 pm

MJNair wrote:What is given in your Work Permit letter must be the basic salary. I believe you are entitled to have overtime & bonus on top of this in addition to a normal yearly salary review.
(You should probably wait for senior members to confirm this)

This is a quote from the Home Office website
You will not need to make a 'change of employment' application if you want to stay with your current employer but your job will change in other ways (for example, if you want to change to a new job in the same SOC code, or if your pay will increase).
I am not sure the actual rules here for bonus for Work Permit holder, also I am not on Tier 2, I am on old Work Permit scheme. Seems this is a grey area?