ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant visa queries..

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smoothturbo

Dependant visa queries..

Post by smoothturbo » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:48 pm

Hi all, I am a newbie to the forum so take it easy on me please, I did have a search but could not find anything on these topics..

I am a British Citizen, recently I brought my Wife to the UK from India on a dependent visa but she wasn't able to travel to the UK within 28 days of Visa being granted, in fact she landed in the UK exactly after 2 months. So first question is, I heard that when applying for ILR after two years they will only extend the dependent visa instead of granting ILR. Is this true?

second question, During the first two years will she be able to travel to India and If yes, is there a time limit she can stay there? would the time beinhang away from the UK affect her ILR application?

kind regards

Ali.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:58 pm

Assuming no changes before your spouse becomes eligible for settlement:
1. See Applying to settle here if you delayed your entry to the UK.
2. See Time spent outside the UK.

regards