ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query for dependent visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cutipd
Newly Registered

Query for dependent visa

Post by cutipd » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:03 am

Hi,

I have a Tier1(G) visa valid till April 2013. Till now I visited UK couple of times and came back. I am getting married in dec and then will be coming to UK. My fiancee is in UK from last 2.5 years in Tier 2 ICT.He wants to switch to Tier 1 dependent. So we will be applying his Tier1 dependent in Jan.

My query is : for dependent visa how much maintanence funds I need to show assuming I have just arrived in UK? (1600 for him only, 2400+1600 for both of us 1600 + 800 as I am applying from UK.)

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:02 am

Your husband cannot apply from within the UK to change from Tier 2 to dependent of Tier 1 migrant. He must apply for entry clearance from home country.

If the application (dependent) is made before you travel to UK to live and work there, then you'll need to show 2800 +1600. If the application is made after you begin living in the UK, the you'll need to show 800 + 1600.

regards