ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 or BC?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

excessuk
Newly Registered

EEA4 or BC?

Post by excessuk » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:57 am

Hi,

I've been reading a lot of very informative posts in this board, and there seems to be people with a lot of knowledge about immigration rules.

However, even after reading a lot of posts, I couldn't find a definite answer to my situation, so I'm resorting to you guys for help.

For my question to make sense I have to tell you our story from the beginning.

Back in 2005 we wanted to emigrate to London. I'm Spanish and my unmarried partner is non-EAA. Back at the time the British Embassy advised us to apply for a UK unmarried partner visa as our relationship was akin to marriage. The visa was granted in May 2005 expiring in May 2007. We travelled to London together in July 2005.

In February 2007 we started looking into extending her visa, but we were told that the UK visa no longer applied to us and that we needed to apply via the EEA route. So we ended up doing a joint application using the EEA1 & EEA2 forms. After 6 painful months she obtained a five-year resident EEA family permit along with her residence card.

Then, last year in August 2009 we got married, and a couple of weeks ago I started reading about EEA4 which I thought was the next step for her to achieve permanent residence in UK. However the EEA4 seems to be taking around 15 months or crazy timeframes like that, which sounds very scary.

So, and this is where the story wraps up, she started looking into obtaining British Citizenship instead of applying for the EEA4 (which apparently is not required?). Her current EEA family permit expires in August 2012.

The question then is, can she apply for BC instead of EEA4?. If so, what is the earliest she can do it?

Sorry if this message doesn't belong to the EEA forum, but as our case involves a bit of everything I wasn't sure where to place it.

I look forward to your kind advice.

Many Thanks,

Marcelo

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:15 pm

July 2011 you qualify for British Citizenship!

excessuk
Newly Registered

Post by excessuk » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:59 pm

Thanks!

And given that we only got married last year, what kind of documentation would we need to produce?