ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statements.. please help

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

msra7uk2
Newly Registered

Bank statements.. please help

Post by msra7uk2 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:25 pm

Hello.

I have got an appointment for my PSW on the 5th of Oct. I started maintaining the funds from the 29th of June. Hence, I have two questions;

Is it ok for me to submit statements from the 29th of June to the 27th of Sep including? This makes it 90 days. Or do I have to submit statements from the 29th of June to the 29th of Sept?

My other question is regarding bank statements... if I don't receive my bank statements on time. Does anyone has any recent experience with Natwest regarding getting online statements stamped?

Please reply asap.

Many thanks

julieuk
Newly Registered

Post by julieuk » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:51 am

hi

i cant tell you about the number of days but regarding Natwest bank statements....i advice you to go to your local branch and ask them for a normal printed statements and upon requesting the bank manager can issue a letter stating that "THESE PRINTED STATEMENTS BELONGS TO THIS PERSON AND THEY CAN BE CONSIDERED AS ORIGINAL AS HE CANT GET THE ORIGINAL STATEMENTS IN TIME" and this letter should be signed by the bank manager and dont forget to mention the opening and closing balances along with your name and account number in both the statements and the letter.

lkpone

Post by lkpone » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:51 pm

julieuk wrote:hi

i cant tell you about the number of days but regarding Natwest bank statements....i advice you to go to your local branch and ask them for a normal printed statements and upon requesting the bank manager can issue a letter stating that "THESE PRINTED STATEMENTS BELONGS TO THIS PERSON AND THEY CAN BE CONSIDERED AS ORIGINAL AS HE CANT GET THE ORIGINAL STATEMENTS IN TIME" and this letter should be signed by the bank manager and dont forget to mention the opening and closing balances along with your name and account number in both the statements and the letter.
My feeling is that this won't work, because in all the years I've been applying for visas of various kinds, no bank has ever been willing to even sign the printouts, let alone take the time to write me a letter. Although you could try, you might have a very nice bank manager :)

The HO will not accept online printouts. If you do not receive your statements in time, go into your branch and ask for 3 months' worth of printouts on Natwest letterheaded paper. Make sure that they're on letterhead and are stamped (if possible, although as I mentioned, some banks will refuse to do this for you). If no originals have been received before the date of your application, you'll need to include a forwarding letter explaining why you're submitting only printouts... and pray hard for discretion!

When did you apply for the statements to get to you in the post? They normally take a minimum of 10 days.

Lindsay :)

msra7uk2
Newly Registered

Post by msra7uk2 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:59 pm

Hello. Thank you for your replies.

I roamed around in 5 different branches in the city, but no luck. Then I went to the last one I knew, luckily the lady sitting over there was very nice and friendly. She had been with Natwest for 25years! I explained her everything (also told her that I am quite angry on the ppl at my home branch coz they kinda were acting too insensitive and were a bit rude).

She herself gave me printouts of my 3 months transactions with a NatWest logo on top, put on two different stamps and her signature. She was one of the most nicest people ever. She even attached her business card to it.

The statements only show my account number. She told me that since I have got 1 months original statement already, I can take it along and they can verify that its the same account number. And she put my list of DDs on the first page, because that clearly shows my name as well.

Do you guys reckon it will work now?

Thank you very much for all your help.

msra7uk2
Newly Registered

Post by msra7uk2 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:01 pm

I applied for the statements almost 7 days ago. The customer service ppl say it takes 5 days, the citycentre branch ppl said today it takes 3 days and my branch says that it will take about 7-10 days!

lkpone

Post by lkpone » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:05 pm

With that timing and the date of your appointment, you should get the originals in time :)

Good luck!

tetrapack
Newly Registered

Post by tetrapack » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:52 pm

msra7uk2 wrote:Hello. Thank you for your replies.

I roamed around in 5 different branches in the city, but no luck. Then I went to the last one I knew, luckily the lady sitting over there was very nice and friendly. She had been with Natwest for 25years! I explained her everything (also told her that I am quite angry on the ppl at my home branch coz they kinda were acting too insensitive and were a bit rude).

She herself gave me printouts of my 3 months transactions with a NatWest logo on top, put on two different stamps and her signature. She was one of the most nicest people ever. She even attached her business card to it.

The statements only show my account number. She told me that since I have got 1 months original statement already, I can take it along and they can verify that its the same account number. And she put my list of DDs on the first page, because that clearly shows my name as well.

Please tell me which natwest brarch it is and the lady's name. I will surely be in same situvation. I know

makepop1

Post by makepop1 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:03 am

msra7uk2 wrote:Hello. Thank you for your replies.

can you let me know which branch, so that it will be useful for the people who has natwest account

jlewisunh

Post by jlewisunh » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:25 pm

lkpone wrote:
julieuk wrote:hi

My feeling is that this won't work, because in all the years I've been applying for visas of various kinds, no bank has ever been willing to even sign the printouts, let alone take the time to write me a letter. Although you could try, you might have a very nice bank manager :)

The HO will not accept online printouts. If you do not receive your statements in time, go into your branch and ask for 3 months' worth of printouts on Natwest letterheaded paper. Make sure that they're on letterhead and are stamped (if possible, although as I mentioned, some banks will refuse to do this for you). If no originals have been received before the date of your application, you'll need to include a forwarding letter explaining why you're submitting only printouts... and pray hard for discretion!

When did you apply for the statements to get to you in the post? They normally take a minimum of 10 days.

Lindsay :)

This is a very old thread but in doing research I had to bump it. The bold statement above is not accurate and should not be treated as such by applicants. Online statements or ad hoc print outs, as long as they fill the requirements, will be accepted by the HO. Just make sure everything is sealed/stamped and you have the complimentary letter from the bank.