ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COA Need Advise

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kingkhan

COA Need Advise

Post by kingkhan » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:28 pm

hi there i need some advise as i applied for COA three months ago but havent heard anything my current leave is expiring on 3rd oct what i can do at this stage as home office has got my passpot aswel.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:56 pm

See coa

regards

kingkhan

Post by kingkhan » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:00 pm

sushdmehta wrote:See coa

regards
That is if you want your documents to be returned if you need to travel or something unexpectedly comes up but you dont apply for COA that you endup doing that you are asking for permission to get marrid inside U.K.and if home office delays it purposely then what you can do from inside U.K

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:04 pm

Applying for CoA does not extend your leave to stay in the UK. Your leave expires on 3rd Oct., so you have two options - leave UK before current leave expires OR apply for extension of leave.

Else you'll come an overstayer in the UK from 4th Oct. onwards and that may impact future EC applications.

regards

kingkhan

Post by kingkhan » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:05 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Applying for CoA does not extend your leave to stay in the UK. Your leave expires on 3rd Oct., so you have two options - leave UK before current leave expires OR apply for extension of leave.

Else you'll come an overstayer in the UK from 4th Oct. onwards and that may impact future EC applications.

regards
This is my point what kind of extension i can apply for.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:24 pm

Under whichever category you qualify for (which could be none, at the moment)!

IIRC, you are a Tier 1 (PSW) migrant. Stay as Tier 1 (PSW) cannot be extended. The possible options are to switch to either Tier 1 (General) or Tier 4 (student), if you qualify that is ... and can arrange for all the documentary evidence(s) in time to ensure that you post your application on/before 3rd Oct.

regards

kingkhan

Post by kingkhan » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:26 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Under whichever category you qualify for (which could be none, at the moment)!

IIRC, you are a Tier 1 (PSW) migrant. Stay as Tier 1 (PSW) cannot be extended. The possible options are to switch to either Tier 1 (General) or Tier 4 (student), if you qualify that is ... and can arrange for all the documentary evidence(s) in time to ensure that you post your application on/before 3rd Oct.

regards
I dont think as time is too short for student but what if apply for FLR(O).