ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EXAMPLE OF OVERSTAYER STATEMENT FOR APPLICATION

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Green Giant
Newly Registered

EXAMPLE OF OVERSTAYER STATEMENT FOR APPLICATION

Post by Green Giant » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:04 pm

I am an overstayer and my wife has indefinite leave to remain i am going home to make a spouse application with my wife.I have been reading posts about how other people did it and the place i am stuck at is how to write a statement which have advised me that i need to do,or do i need it at all

elv15

Post by elv15 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:49 pm

Going to apply from zim is a good idea but i strongly advice you take some proffessional advice before you go, yes its quicker from home but peoples cases are different. i knw i few zimbos who have gone and struggled to come back big time. Did your wife gain ILR after being a refugee?
Please note that what i post is only a personal opinion. Im no expert lol.

NiiKpani

Post by NiiKpani » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:26 pm

what are the circumstances surrounding your overstay. my wife is from zim and she overstayed for a few years. She was approved by the 3 working days. We didnt use professional help although i would advice you to. Perhaps i can help you with the statement. I wrote hers for her. Its easy really but it depends on your circumstances.

Oh..i've just seen your pm..will reply shortly

elv15

Post by elv15 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:55 pm

i suggest you read NiikPani's post (link below). Its very helpful to zims, also there is another one by twostars. Both the links are below, but be very careful on what you decide as each case is different, as NiikPani said, what are the circumstances surrounding your over stay.
Check out the two links below. These are also posts of people who have been rejected so look around.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=63278

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#242311

Green Giant
Newly Registered

Post by Green Giant » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:41 pm

I just overstayed after a couple of years in college ,i have never applied for another visa and i have never been ordered or asked to leave.I just started working and stayed underground

i would appreciate help with the statement ,i have been to see a lawyers who told me i had to go to Zimbabwe as i am about to do now and i have done a lot of research and i think i have found the answers to my question and the last thing i need is a statement and how it is written

elv15

Post by elv15 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:30 pm

Goodluck on your application, take as much evidence as you can and unless you are confident you can do your application yourself , then get a good lawyer or OISC registered adviser to help.
Please keep us updated.