ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence for not using public funds in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

maheshacharya
Newly Registered

Evidence for not using public funds in UK

Post by maheshacharya » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:07 am

Hello All,
I am planning to apply for the workpermit via HSMP.

May I please know what evidence I need to furnish to prove that the public fund would be used?
I assume one of the following would do

1. Bank balance(not usre of the lower limit)
2. Would the property papers do?

I have my brother working in UK for the last 5 years. I was planning can I state that I would be staying with my brother ? WOuld that really count? If yes what proof do I need to submit? like his bank balance, address, etc

Thank you in advance.

Dineshj
Newly Registered

Post by Dineshj » Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:30 am

While applying for HSMP you do not require to show your bank balance. Simpliy say I will not use the public fund. You show what type of the job you will be seeking and you can attach job potential in UK from the various job sites.
You need to show your financial strong background while you apply for EC, means bank balance etc which should sufficient for you/your family till the time become financially active in UK.

All the best

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:04 am

maheshacharya wrote:I am planning to apply for the workpermit via HSMP.
Just to be clear about this. "Workpermit via HSMP" is not correct. You would either get an employer to apply for a Work Permit for you, or .... as you are intending to do .... you apply for HSMP .... and if granted and you then get the EC ... you are allowed to work in the UK without the employer needing to get a Work Permit for you.

Please appreciate the difference. It is important. And saving the employer the hassle and expense of getting a Work Permit for you makes you more employable in the UK.
John

maheshacharya
Newly Registered

Post by maheshacharya » Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:28 am

Hi John,
Thank you for the clarification.
Appreciate your help.