ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

1 Month of Visit Business in 08, 5 Point of UK Experience?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pravinsangwan
Newly Registered

1 Month of Visit Business in 08, 5 Point of UK Experience?

Post by pravinsangwan » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:26 am

Hi Friends!!!
I have 1 Month of Work Experience from London, UK on C-Visit/Business Class Visa in 2008. I was there for Consulting work.
I want to know whether this can help me in gaining 5 point of UK Experience?
Am I eligible to score 5 points of UK Experience for this 1 month of experience in London, UK?
1 month of Exp in UK... can give me 5 Points of UK Experience?

Moreover, I would also like to have advice on Showing my earnings:
If I look at my earnings in last 12 months it come around 5 to 6 Lacs. But If I can show my Allowance which I get in Saudi Arabia total comes around 8 to 9 Lacs.
Which helps me in getting 40 points of Earnings. So I want know can I show my allowance as my earnings?
Do they consider Allowance in Foreign Country as earnings?
-------------- Please Advice on these 2 Topics --------------------
Last edited by pravinsangwan on Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

pravinsangwan
Newly Registered

Post by pravinsangwan » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:28 am

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:46 am

148. An applicant can claim a maximum of five points if he/she has either:
• successfully scored points for previous earnings and at least £25,000 of those earnings were made in the United Kingdom; or
• undertaken a period of full-time study in the United Kingdom, of at least one full academic year, and been awarded a qualification at bachelor’s degree level or above. The qualification should have been awarded no more than five years before making the application.

In regards to your earnings query, pls go through the policy guidance to know what allowances are acceptable. It is important to prove those earnings, you need to show evidences from 2 different sources.

http://bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteconten ... idance.pdf

pravinsangwan
Newly Registered

Post by pravinsangwan » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:24 am

Aruni,

I also read this line "Successfully scored points for previous earnings and at least £25,000 of those earnings were made in the United Kingdom".
But still I posted my query to get a straight forward answer "Yes or NO" or may be some opinions.. that
"Whether 1 month of experience in Longon, UK.. will be able to help me in getting 5 Points of UK Experience?"

Also about my earnings from allowance, I have read different topics/blogs and I wanted an opinion so that I won’t make a mistake..
So, If I can provide a Bank statement as proof of my Allowance is it a valid earning..?
I mean will UK Border Agencies consider Allowance in a Foreign Country once already you are a salaried employee.

Aruni, I think.. sometime you just look for a second opinion.. Even If its crystal clear in PDF’s published by companies.. otherwise there wouldn’t have been so many threads on diff Blogs…
Isn’t It?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:50 am

pravinsangwan wrote:Aruni,

I also read this line "Successfully scored points for previous earnings and at least £25,000 of those earnings were made in the United Kingdom".
But still I posted my query to get a straight forward answer "Yes or NO" or may be some opinions.. that
"Whether 1 month of experience in Longon, UK.. will be able to help me in getting 5 Points of UK Experience?"
I really do not know what to say..... :roll:

pravinsangwan wrote:Aruni, I think.. sometime you just look for a second opinion.. Even If its crystal clear in PDF’s published by companies.. otherwise there wouldn’t have been so many threads on diff Blogs…
Isn’t It?
But, where did I say that you cannot take a second opinion??? For important decisions like applying for a visa, one should be 100% sure of what they are doing and that can be achieved only when they read and understand the instructions (PDF’s published by companies) properly and the reason for posting the policy guidance link and advising to go through it, is for your own good. But, all you want is a YES or NO. These threads are only a means of making sure what you understand is correct, not to depend on somebody whom you dont know to tell you whether you can apply (YES or NO). Some will say 'Yes' and some will say 'No', whom will you believe? You believe only those who have documentary evidence of their answer. Anyway sorry to have bothered.....All the best!!!

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:58 am

By the way, unfortunately you cannot claim UK experience with 1 month business visit in 2008.

pravinsangwan
Newly Registered

Post by pravinsangwan » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:02 am

Aruni don't get me wrong...
The reason of posting this query of Uk Experience is...

As I have work experience from London, UK though its less of 1 month only, so I just want to know how UK Border Agency will judge this experience...
I just want that when I apply for Tier 1(General Visa) I should be sure that this is my Total of Points.

pravinsangwan
Newly Registered

Post by pravinsangwan » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:06 am

Ok..!!! Thanks Aruni.. Now tht line make sense more thn any 500 lines... this gives me something.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:18 am

pravinsangwan wrote:Aruni don't get me wrong...
The reason of posting this query of Uk Experience is...

As I have work experience from London, UK though its less of 1 month only, so I just want to know how UK Border Agency will judge this experience...
I just want that when I apply for Tier 1(General Visa) I should be sure that this is my Total of Points.
Your experience on a business visa would not count. No offence meant or taken...

pravinsangwan
Newly Registered

Post by pravinsangwan » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:34 am

No Worries Aruni, even I was sure 99% of that, It's just that I wanted somebody’s opinion to make it sure shot.. Now I know where I stand exactly in terms of UK Exp.

Now If somebody can comment on Allowance in a Foreign Country when you are already a salaried person in your own Country.
I am on OnSite Project in KSA where I am getting 1500 USD per month in AXIS Bank plus to my regular salary in ICICI Bank.
I can provide Bank statements for both accounts as proof -No Issues-.
So will they(UK Border Agency) consider these Allowance as my earnings or not...?

Guys’ Plz Comment’ as I am having double thgts!!!

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:07 pm

pravinsangwan wrote:No Worries Aruni, even I was sure 99% of that, It's just that I wanted somebody’s opinion to make it sure shot.. Now I know where I stand exactly in terms of UK Exp.

Now If somebody can comment on Allowance in a Foreign Country when you are already a salaried person in your own Country.
I am on OnSite Project in KSA where I am getting 1500 USD per month in AXIS Bank plus to my regular salary in ICICI Bank.
So will they(UK Border Agency) consider these Allowance as my earnings or not...?

Is this allowance paid to you as reimbursement of expenses?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

pravinsangwan
Newly Registered

Post by pravinsangwan » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:11 pm

No Its not a Reimbursement againt expenses made by me..
Its a Daily Allowance i.e. 50$ per Day during my whole Onsite Project in KSA(Kingdome of Saudi Arabia).

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:33 pm

pravinsangwan wrote:No Its not a Reimbursement againt expenses made by me..
Its a Daily Allowance i.e. 50$ per Day during my whole Onsite Project in KSA(Kingdome of Saudi Arabia).
Yes you can claim points for the same. You might be better off providing a letter from your employer detailing your monthly incomes rather than the pay stubs.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

pravinsangwan
Newly Registered

Post by pravinsangwan » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:37 pm

Thankx Push..
Yeah Correct, Even I was thinkin of getting a letter from the Employer, Explaining my earnings.

ganesh46

Post by ganesh46 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:56 am

pravinsangwan wrote:

Hi Pravin,

Have you applied for Tier1.

On which visa you travelled to KSA and for how many days. Have you (or) Are you planning to uplift your KSA allowances too apart from Indian salary?

Thanks,
Gan

pravinsangwan
Newly Registered

Post by pravinsangwan » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:04 pm

Hi Gan,

I am not sure what you have asked in ur post...
but all i wanted to know from my post was can I gain point on Allowance Im getting in Saudi Arabia apart from my Monthly Income in Indian Bank.
Where I can produce req. documents like Bank Statement nd a letter frm my Company which can verify that I was entitles for 1500 USD Monthly as Company Allowance.
I checked on UK Border site also which states that YES I can gain points for the same.

ganesh46

Post by ganesh46 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:11 pm

pravinsangwan wrote:Hi Gan,

I am not sure what you have asked in ur post...
but all i wanted to know from my post was can I gain point on Allowance Im getting in Saudi Arabia apart from my Monthly Income in Indian Bank.
Where I can produce req. documents like Bank Statement nd a letter frm my Company which can verify that I was entitles for 1500 USD Monthly as Company Allowance.
I checked on UK Border site also which states that YES I can gain points for the same.
Hi Pravin,

On which visa you traveled to KSA? Is it Business Visa or Workpermit?

If It is a Business Visa, you can uplift your Indian salary by 5.3. You cannot uplift the allowances you got in KSA by 5.3. You have to use the uplift factor of KSA for allowances. Or, it is better not to show allowances if you qualify without it. See this link for more info: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=57304

If it is a workpermit, you have to use the uplift factor of KSA for both allowances and Indian salary.

I too traveled to Canada, but on a Business Visa and am going to uplift only my indian salary. Allowances, I am not going to show.

Cheers,
Gan