ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accomodation Issue

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iceman010899

Accomodation Issue

Post by iceman010899 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:42 pm

Hi,

I live in a shared house and rent 1 double bedroom and lounge area and have been here for 3 years.

There isnt a tenancy agreement.

Is a letter from the landlord and photos sufficient for the application ? The letter can state that the accomodation is suitable for a couple.

Please advice. Thank you.

iceman010899

Post by iceman010899 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:30 pm

Hi,

Can someone comment please ?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:19 am

It must be a tennancy agrement as that gives you legal rights if God forbids you get forced out of your shared accomadation by whom you share the house

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:29 am

yep deffinitely need a tenancy agreement but also include the pictures and get measurements. The letter from the landlord can also state the measurements.
I tell it like it is.

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:41 am

Stupid question - is there any actual need for this? I've been inviting my parents to visit for the past 4.5 years or so - and I never stated anything about the accommodation (and they always got the visas!).

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:42 pm

wunder wrote:Stupid question - is there any actual need for this? I've been inviting my parents to visit for the past 4.5 years or so - and I never stated anything about the accommodation (and they always got the visas!).
In most cases there is a requirement to supply this info to prove there is sufficient accomodation space for the visitor/dependant coming to stay in this country

If you have supplied this info once, then there is no need to provide it for any subsequent visit if it is the same property.