ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Funds Evidence

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sajid08

Maintenance Funds Evidence

Post by sajid08 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:04 am

Hi,

Is an original Bank Statement stamped by the bank, covering last 3 months and showing enough funds available, sufficient as an evidence for Maintenance Funds? OR a letter from branch manager confirming the above is also necessary?

I tried to get the letter from branch manager but they only gave me a balance certificate, showing the balance at the end date of the 3 month period, as far as I've read it wont be good enough as a main evidence for Maintenance Funds, but should I attach it as a Supporting Evidence separately? It's on original letter head, signed and stamped and I can also attach branch manager's business card with it.

Thanks
Sajid

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Maintenance Funds Evidence

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:10 am

sajid08 wrote:Hi,

Is an original Bank Statement stamped by the bank, covering last 3 months and showing enough funds available, sufficient as an evidence for Maintenance Funds? OR a letter from branch manager confirming the above is also necessary?

I tried to get the letter from branch manager but they only gave me a balance certificate, showing the balance at the end date of the 3 month period, as far as I've read it wont be good enough as a main evidence for Maintenance Funds, but should I attach it as a Supporting Evidence separately? It's on original letter head, signed and stamped and I can also attach branch manager's business card with it.

Thanks
Sajid
Original bank statement is enough on its own. There is no need of a letter and if that letter has only closing balance then it wont be of any use. The ECO may just ave a look at the letter without seeing the bank statements. So, avoid useless documents.