ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General convert to Tier 2 dependent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

blibul017
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General convert to Tier 2 dependent

Post by blibul017 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:49 pm

Hi everyone.

I'm currently working under a tier 2 visa and so is my wife. I have been offered a new job but I need to sort out the visa myself. I'm thinking of converting to Tier 2 dependent visa attached to my wife.

I knew that I need to go back to my home country China to re-apply the entry clearance. I'm quite relctant to do it because of the current political climate and I have a couple questions:

1. My Current Tier 2 visa still have two years to run off, would that become a excuse for them to reject my dependent visa, are they going to question my motives?

If they reject my application, will my current Tier 2 status be affected?

2. I have 13 months to go before I can apply PR under 10 year long residence. I heard a rumour (or complete non sense) that if I re-entry the country under a new entry clearance, all my previous lawfully stay wouldn't count towards the 10 years. It sounds silly but I have slight worry that might be true.

Could someone help me to clear these clouds please.

Regards